Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default 6 mo Peanut

My tiny peanut (weighs 15lbs) turned 6 mos yesterday. She already holds her own bottle while I hold her. She crawls and sits herself up. She started standing, holding onto the superyard, about 2 weeks ago. She tries to step while holding on, but hasn't quite figured it out yet.

When I first got her, she took 2 nice, long 2 hour naps. Now she barely sleeps for 30 mins because she has to know what is going on. She is so nosey.

This little peanut cannot sit still for 30 secs unless she's asleep.

It's fun to have an active baby.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a tiny peanut too, 13 pounds at 7 months. And she is also very active like yours, maybe it's because they don't have the weight holding them down
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 AM

I have a peanut also. she's still in an infant carrier at just past one, and she's NOT heavy or cumbersome at all. My own kids went to convertible car seats at 4 mos and about 6 mos because I was tired of schlepping them around in that heavy thing. She is taking steps and hitting milestones, just is eensy weensy!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:22 AM

My last two babies weighed 30 lbs by this age.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM
False Sense Of Authority

My peanut is even tinier. She's EIGHT months old but at her last check up two weeks ago was only 13.7 lbs.

I've been buying 9 month shirts and dresses but 3-6 month pants fit her just fine. I don't know what I'm going to do when she needs walking shoes because I don't they make hard soles shoes in infant size one!

She's such a little pixie.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee View Post
My peanut is even tinier. She's EIGHT months old but at her last check up two weeks ago was only 13.7 lbs.

I've been buying 9 month shirts and dresses but 3-6 month pants fit her just fine. I don't know what I'm going to do when she needs walking shoes because I don't they make hard soles shoes in infant size one!

She's such a little pixie.
She doesn't need walking shoes OR hard sole shoes!! Feet develop much MUCH better with no shoes or soft soles! Check into Robeez or similar things!!! They are much steadier in soft soles or bare foot anyway, because the foot is free to bend. The gait is more natural too.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Wow, that's amazing!

I have a tiny peanut too! She is 5 mo. old and is 9 lbs. She's so cute! She was in the NICU when she was born, but is doing so well! She may only be the size of a 2-3 mo. old, but she acts like a 5 mo. old! I love little peanuts!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
She doesn't need walking shoes OR hard sole shoes!! Feet develop much MUCH better with no shoes or soft soles! Check into Robeez or similar things!!! They are much steadier in soft soles or bare foot anyway, because the foot is free to bend. The gait is more natural too.
Walking shoes are an old way of thinking.

Kind of off subject, but not....I took a chdv class and where we had to pretend to be a toddler. We had to do activities and had to modify our bodies to see what the activity would be like for a toddler. For instance, we had to wear a huge glove and try to do a teeny manipulative. Kind of the same thing, imagine wearing super hard, bend less shoes as an adult, I wouldn't want to.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 PM

My special dcg is my tiny peanut.... 27 months and topping he scales at 19 lbs 2 oz... She has gained 5 ounces in the last year and that was in the last month... We had a huge party lol.

She wears size 1-2 diapers and some size two wrap all the way around her.... Size 9-12 month clothes (only because they have to be adapted).. And size infant 2 shoes.... And let me tell ya... Because of her skeletal issues, she DOES wear walking shoes... Size infant two lol.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:35 PM
OSS Child Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
My special dcg is my tiny peanut.... 27 months and topping he scales at 19 lbs 2 oz... She has gained 5 ounces in the last year and that was in the last month... We had a huge party lol.

She wears size 1-2 diapers and some size two wrap all the way around her.... Size 9-12 month clothes (only because they have to be adapted).. And size infant 2 shoes.... And let me tell ya... Because of her skeletal issues, she DOES wear walking shoes... Size infant two lol.
Oh man! That is TEENY! I thought my 18 month old, 19.5 lb DS was tiny, but wow!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM
False Sense Of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
No I don't mean those kind. I just meant anything with a real, non-cloth bottom. I was looking for some Clarks, but the smallest size they come in is 4. I'll look at the Robeez.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM

DS went to doctor today and at 33 mos weighed in( with shoes and clothes) at a whopping 26 lbs!! love his little self!