Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>That Is The Stupidest Thing I've Heard This Year...
MamaBear 04:36 PM 01-05-2012
One of my DCM's said the stupidest thing to me today. This mom has a history of making me mad with her super dumb comments in the past, but this one really irked me.

I care for her 1 yr old boy... we'll say his name is "Johnny" and she has an older 4 yr old boy "Jimmy" that went to a different daycare before she closed down her daycare a couple years ago... he was with her for a couple years & then they put him in a daycare center.

So today she tells me that her other son's old daycare lady came into town for his b'day party last weekend. And that they were discussing between the 2 of them how different the older boy is than the younger boy. And that they agreed it is due to having different daycare providers!!!! WHAT??? I quickly responded with "Well... sorry to tell you this, but Johnny will not be an exact carbon copy of Jimmy... They are 2 different people & they never come out the same". (with a snicker)...

Then she says "We were talking about how Sally (the old daycare lady) was very strict with getting them to transition from bottle to sippy cup before they are 9 months old, but you like to let them develop on their own because Max just turned one and he won't take the sippy cup".

Her foot was going deeper in her mouth as she talked because its like she was saying "Sally had Jimmy trained with a sippy cup but you haven't gotten Johnny to do it and he just turned one". Right? Thats what I got out of it anyway. I reminded her of how much I try to get Johnny to take it, but he just throws it and absolutely hates it - as she knows. She can't get him to take it either.

WHy is it MY job to get him trained on a sippy cup??? I try and he won't take it yet. I can't force him. Its like she takes no responsibility for training him. I guess she figures that she pays me to watch him, that I should be teaching him everything too. Sheesh. I guess what bugs me most is being compared to the other daycare lady. She's made those type of comments since day one. Things like "Sally did this... or Sally would try that..., etc". Very annoying.

Okay... Just had to vent
MarinaVanessa 04:42 PM 01-05-2012
Ugh, you have one of "those". I feel bad for you. Unfortunately unless you sit down and have a heart to heart talk with her about how her comments make you feel and why they make you feel that way she will never stop making those type of comments. I've had cases where I've talked to the parent and even then the parent didn't stop.

Totally unecessary and totally exhausting *sigh* hugs to you. Hang in there.
Ariana 04:45 PM 01-05-2012
UGH!! Stop defending yourself to her and just smile and nod
AfterSchoolMom 05:20 PM 01-05-2012
"Wow, Sally sounds awesome. Maybe you should check to see if she has any openings!"
MyAngels 05:39 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
"Wow, Sally sounds awesome. Maybe you should check to see if she has any openings!"

Heidi 06:58 PM 01-05-2012
and the year has just begun!
Kaddidle Care 07:06 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
And that they were discussing between the 2 of them how different the older boy is than the younger boy. And that they agreed it is due to having different daycare providers!!!! WHAT??? I quickly responded with "Well... sorry to tell you this, but Johnny will not be an exact carbon copy of Jimmy... They are 2 different people & they never come out the same". (with a snicker)...
Yep, she's a brainiac alright!

My two sons were absolute clones in looks but personality? Polar opposites. Guess what? They were raised by the same person - ME!

I feel sorry for her boys. If she is comparing caregivers, you know she is comparing the kids.
Heidi 07:22 PM 01-05-2012
yeah, well, I had a certain person tell me not that long ago it's ok for his daughter to be left handed, but not his SON. ????????????????????
MamaBear 04:20 PM 01-07-2012
HaHaHa I love it! I will totally use that one if she ever says that again! Hilarious
PolarCare 04:51 PM 01-07-2012
Thank goodness she and her DCP know so much about kids. It must be a real freakshow around here. I have 6 children, and there isn't a single pair among them. They are all as different as night and day on almost everything from development to taste in music. Maybe I should enroll them in a daycare so they'll even out.
Lucy 06:59 PM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by afterschoolmom:
"wow, sally sounds awesome. Maybe you should check to see if she has any openings!"
love, love, love!!!!!
tbutler 01:53 PM 01-10-2012
That would've been my exact response!
JennyBear 11:07 AM 01-11-2012
You should have asked her if she was as much as a pain in the *ss to Sally as she is to you??!! LOL

MamaBear 09:55 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by JennyBear:
You should have asked her if she was as much as a pain in the *ss to Sally as she is to you??!! LOL

I love it!
DCMom 11:53 AM 01-12-2012
Yep, this is what I would say!
Tags:parents - are clueless, parents - don't appreciate, silly
Reply Up