Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cart before the Horse
KIDZRMYBIZ 01:31 PM 01-05-2015
I have 2 DCKs that the DCMs think are ready for potty training.

The first is a 2.75yo that they missed the window for. They had some job changes for both DCM and DCD, and they didn't want to deal with it then. Anyway, DCM says they are ready now, and are bribing DCG with sleeping in a big girl bed if she can potty train. How can you potty train a child that is trapped in a crib?

The second will not be 2 until February, and I think this is the perfect age to start the process, so, yeah DCM! But...DCM says she's not sure if overnights will work out cuz of the 1 or 2 bottles (yes, that's right, BOTTLES) of milk he has at bedtime. She let that slip to me. He hasn't had a bottle here since the day after his first birthday.

I think this is so strange. When my kids were little, you first weaned from a bottle around a year, transitioned to big kid bed around 18-months, and potty-trained around the 2nd birthday (the earlier the better), IN THAT ORDER.
itlw8 01:45 PM 01-05-2015
most kids master night after day so being in a crib is no big deal as far as toilet training. My boys were in a regular bed at 12 months not by choice but because they were flipping out of the crib. so it was safer close to the floor. No toddler beds then so we had a mattress on a board on the frame. no box springs.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up