Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Higher-Ups at Center I Use to Work are Telling Employees I Lied and Got Fired
Unregistered 10:09 AM 02-25-2020
So I've been posting on here about how I recently reported two well liked and powerful teachers at my old center. A coworker from there told me the higher ups told employees who asked about me that I was caught in a lie and they got rid of me. No, I did my job as a mandatory reporter and everyone got pissed at me because I caused an investigation! I'm so pissed that none of the other witnesses (up to like 6 other teachers) said anything about what these teachers do to the kids. I mean if I was the director I would've taken the accusations seriously! Why the **** would o lie about abuse happening?! Sorry no one backed me up and sorry I had no eviy, but, I am not a liar! I feel like I've been blacklisted. Everyone's telling me not to put them on my resume. Honestly, I'm done with early childhood. This is sick.
Unregistered 11:33 AM 02-25-2020
I would speak with a lawyer.
Unregistered 11:52 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would speak with a lawyer.
I don't even know where to begin
Michael 03:28 PM 02-25-2020
I would file a grievance with your state’s labor board.
flying_babyb 05:24 PM 02-25-2020
I remember reading somewere when i first stated working that if you were at a job less than a certain time you didnt have to list it on your resume.
Unregistered 03:28 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
I remember reading somewere when i first stated working that if you were at a job less than a certain time you didnt have to list it on your resume.

I'll take it off but itsy only real job.
Ariana 08:52 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'll take it off but itsy only real job.
How did you get the first job? At this point there is no benefit to having it listed as your employment.
flying_babyb 09:33 AM 02-26-2020
well, it may be the only real job but you just need to find a older owner willing to take a chance! I got my first job because I showed up and the daycare and the lady saw my address and asked me if I was a menaunkee kid (a little neighborhood group). I said yea, she asked "whos your elder?" (aka grandparent). Told her and she hired me on the spot (no training).
Unregistered 10:07 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
How did you get the first job? At this point there is no benefit to having it listed as your employment.
My stepmom knows a lady who works there so I used her as a referral, I also have nanny experience and volunteered in a daycare. But the nanny thing was for a family friend and under the table pay this was my first real paying job.
Tags:center workers
Reply Up