Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Un-Announced Inspection
Meeko 11:28 AM 04-26-2012
Just had my licensor leave after our un-announced inspection.

100% compliant!!!!!! YAY!!!

(My adult son's bedroom is a typical bachelor pad......ie.,disaster area...and I was a bit embarrassed.....which she thought was hysterical...(as she's got 4 teenage sons of her own) but nothing against regs as the kids don't hang out there!
Fruitloops1 11:30 AM 04-26-2012
Is it just me or does a teenager boy's bedroom just STINK! My step-son could have just cleaned and washed all his dirty laundry and it just SMELLS!!!
UGH boys...
Oh and CONGRATS on the 100% compliance!
WImom 11:32 AM 04-26-2012
Awesome!!
Meeko 11:50 AM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
Is it just me or does a teenager boy's bedroom just STINK! My step-son could have just cleaned and washed all his dirty laundry and it just SMELLS!!!
UGH boys...
My son's 27......I've given up on the clean room thing!!!!!!! I just count my blessings that he is a kind, loving, hard-working son and that I adore him.......

The house is also his...and only his bedroom is ever messy.....so I can't complain too much!!!
Blackcat31 01:43 PM 04-26-2012
Yah to you!!!!

Keep up the good work! It is always nice when you get 100% unexpectedly!!
MNMum 06:08 PM 04-26-2012
Yay you!

I've been licensed since October. This morning my food program lady shows up with her superviser. This afternoon my licensor shows up. You've got to be kidding me! No one has been here before, and they both show up on the same day. Plus my husband had just returned from "take your kids to work day" with my schoolagers, when the licensor got here....
MommieNana4 07:31 PM 04-26-2012
This must have been the day for unannounced inspections. My food program lady showed up today also...100% compliant!!! I did not mean to hijack.
Meeko 07:33 PM 04-26-2012
Well yay us ladies!!!!!!

I've had licensing and food program turn up together too in the past! It actually worked out well as they hurried to get out of each others way!!!
wdmmom 07:37 AM 04-27-2012
Sorry for asking, and this my seem like a dumb question but why would your licensor need to see your adult sons bedroom unless you use it for daycare???
Country Kids 07:54 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Sorry for asking, and this my seem like a dumb question but why would your licensor need to see your adult sons bedroom unless you use it for daycare???
Mine actually checks our bedrooms "In Case" I'm hiding any children in there. Believe me its amazing what some providers do that ruins it for the rest of us-
dEHmom 08:10 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
UGH boys...
Oh and CONGRATS on the 100% compliance!
boys just stink.

you know, when my sister and i were younger, we'd have friends over, and my dad would come home from work hours later and would say " you had boys here". we always just thought it was because he was a private investigator and just either a) read our faces or b) had surveillance cams all over the house. but turned out he could just smell them.

congrats on the 100%
my licensor showed up unannounced 2 days ago, and i was all flustered, because she wasn't supposed to be coming until may or june and I had the worst day that day. I was just getting ready to sit down, and mid squat she popped in and sat on my couch, and I just wanted to tear out my hair. I got 100% too except for 2 things, which is nothing I can control (my course completion and personal assessment which is ongoing for another 9months +). Feels good to get 100% when it's unexpected! When you know they are coming it's easier to be "ready" for them.
Kiki 08:14 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Mine actually checks our bedrooms "In Case" I'm hiding any children in there. Believe me its amazing what some providers do that ruins it for the rest of us-
Same, at least they will once I gain my license. They tell you at your orientation in Utah that even if you don't use the room for day care, they are going to check it because people have seriously HID children that put them over their limit!
Meeko 08:35 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Kiki:
Same, at least they will once I gain my license. They tell you at your orientation in Utah that even if you don't use the room for day care, they are going to check it because people have seriously HID children that put them over their limit!
They just peek in, but it's still annoying. I understand why though. They have found providers hiding kids in closets etc.
Kiki 09:18 AM 04-27-2012
Yea, that's what she said, they even found some hidden under beds. I couldn't even imagine that, just think about how terrified that poor child is. 'INSPECTOR IS HERE!!, HURRY BILLY JOE, GET YOUR BUTT UNDER THAT BED, AND DON'T MOVE/SPEAK/BREATH UNTIL THEY LEAVE!!!'
wdmmom 09:45 AM 04-27-2012
That just makes me uneasy. All bedrooms are on the 2nd floor and the 2nd floor is off limits for anything related to the daycare.

I don't think I would be comfortable showing someone any of the bedrooms. It would make me feel like it was an invasion of privacy. I have a push button door handle on my door for that same reason. No one goes in unless its me or dh.
Meeko 11:31 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
That just makes me uneasy. All bedrooms are on the 2nd floor and the 2nd floor is off limits for anything related to the daycare.

I don't think I would be comfortable showing someone any of the bedrooms. It would make me feel like it was an invasion of privacy. I have a push button door handle on my door for that same reason. No one goes in unless its me or dh.
The rule in Utah is...if the area is behind a baby gate (out hallway is), has child locks on the door or is locked with a key....the inspector has the provider open the door so they can peek in. They are not even supposed to enter the room. They are just checking for hidden children.

If the room is not behind a baby gate or lock, they are to inspect the room just like any other as it could be accessible to the children if the provider wasn't paying attention.

Like I said...I understand why they do it, but I still hate the idea of strangers even peeking into my private rooms. But it is what it is, thanks to bad providers breaking rules.
Tags:inspection - unannounced
Reply Up