Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment - What Is Up with Parents?
Baby Beluga 07:35 AM 09-24-2018
I make my tuition policy very clear at the first interview.

New family, part time. Interviewed and enrolled the end of July for a start day of this week (I was fine with this.)

Sent an email the end of July with what was needed to complete enrollment, what to expect come July and included a reminder that saying tuition will be due on Thursday 9/20.

Sent parents an email last week reminding them of what is needed on their child's first day, what to expect, included a reminder of when first week's tuition was due. Mom responded to the email....and never paid tuition.

I'm kinda done at this point. I sent an additional reminder this morning. This family is part time and shares a spot with another child who wants to go full time but can't unless I term the family in question here.

Ugh. Pay your bills people. I make it very clear that I don't send out reminders each week, invoices, etc (unless tuition is adjusted due to a closure, etc - then I send each family an email with their adjusted tuition amount.

They haven't even started yet and I am kinda over them.
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 09-24-2018
I've noticed this weird trend lately with new enrollees too.

I'm so over the "Oh, I didn't know..." mentality
amberrose3dg 07:52 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I make my tuition policy very clear at the first interview.

New family, part time. Interviewed and enrolled the end of July for a start day of this week (I was fine with this.)

Sent an email the end of July with what was needed to complete enrollment, what to expect come July and included a reminder that saying tuition will be due on Thursday 9/20.

Sent parents an email last week reminding them of what is needed on their child's first day, what to expect, included a reminder of when first week's tuition was due. Mom responded to the email....and never paid tuition.

I'm kinda done at this point. I sent an additional reminder this morning. This family is part time and shares a spot with another child who wants to go full time but can't unless I term the family in question here.

Ugh. Pay your bills people. I make it very clear that I don't send out reminders each week, invoices, etc (unless tuition is adjusted due to a closure, etc - then I send each family an email with their adjusted tuition amount.

They haven't even started yet and I am kinda over them.
I've had 3 in the last month burn me. I never required a deposit. I will now. I am now turning away people at the door that do not have payment. I do not even want to bother with late fees.
This is a trend with a lot of the poor me generation.
One is about to have karma bite her in the butt. Her state aid is gonna be cut off and she will owe two other daycares.
Cat Herder 07:59 AM 09-24-2018
NKN's (never know nuthin parents) by Gerry Brooks.

https://www.facebook.com/gerrybrooks...1549856054610/
Unregistered 08:05 AM 09-24-2018
I understand your frustration!
Before I added in late payment fees, I would have at least one family every month not pay me on time.
"Is it already the beginning of the month? Can I pay you when I get paid in a couple weeks?"
"I paid extra bills this weekend, can I pay you in 10 days?"
I even had a dcm who was like "Oh, your check is in the car, I'll go get it." She literally left. Drove off. Without bringing me my payment.
Some parents really suck sometimes.
I haven't had to remind anyone since I added in late fees, though! But for a family who hasn't even started yet and is giving you problems, I would be over it, too!
Rockgirl 08:16 AM 09-24-2018
My last couple of enrollees have paid upfront, but they’ve showed up on the first day without an immunization record. It’s in my written policies that I can NOT accept a child into care without an immunization record and health statement. I also tell them this verbally. The last two have come in on the first day, saying, “Oh, and I’ll get the forms—I need to call the dr’s office.” Sorry—nope!
Baby Beluga 08:45 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I understand your frustration!
Before I added in late payment fees, I would have at least one family every month not pay me on time.
"Is it already the beginning of the month? Can I pay you when I get paid in a couple weeks?"
"I paid extra bills this weekend, can I pay you in 10 days?"
I even had a dcm who was like "Oh, your check is in the car, I'll go get it." She literally left. Drove off. Without bringing me my payment.
Some parents really suck sometimes.
I haven't had to remind anyone since I added in late fees, though! But for a family who hasn't even started yet and is giving you problems, I would be over it, too!
Oh Lord, I would have termed on the spot. And that is something I have never done before!

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
NKN's (never know nuthin parents) by Gerry Brooks.

https://www.facebook.com/gerrybrooks...1549856054610/
It's an epidemic.

I have been so blessed in the past with families who pay on time. And many even pay early! I had one new-ish family who didn't pay. I sent mom and dad a reminder, told them I would waive the first set of fees but in the future late fees would be applied. That day mom set up direct deposit from her account to avoid any future problems.

But we are now on three reminders with this family who hasn't even started yet.

I have many areas to improve in, thankfully turning away at the door for non-payment is not one of them.
sharlan 09:05 AM 09-24-2018
I got double paid this week. Dad paid cash at pick up and Mom paid via Zelle.
Tags:payment issues
Reply Up