Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Found Out Who Ran Over The Sprinklers!
crazydaycarelady 07:17 AM 05-23-2014
Another dcd ratted out brand new dcm! It was her very first day! Dcd told me she ran over the rock, got out and moved it, then drove in the grass and left. She originally contacted me through my facebook page so I am pretty sure she probably saw my post. She never said a word though.

So as is, I pretty much watched the baby for free the first day after I pay for damages.
Blackcat31 07:22 AM 05-23-2014
Well, you are going to say something to her about it aren't you?

I would also be charging her the damages.

Tell her your neighbor has video surveillance and caught her "in action"...

I would LOVE to see her reaction!!

I am mad for you though that she didn't fess up and just be honest about it to you. Accidents happen but knowingly keeping the fact that she did this to herself says alot about her character...kwim?
Unregistered 07:24 AM 05-23-2014
well I wouldn't lie to her
I would just say that someone saw her and told you about it... you don't have to mention who
definitely make her pay :/
Unregistered 07:27 AM 05-23-2014
She probably didn't even know she ran over the sprinkler head.
crazydaycarelady 07:30 AM 05-23-2014
That's what I was thinking too BC! Way to get off to a good start - her breaking something and keeping quiet and me being snarky about it on FB!

I agree she may not have known there was a head there but she should have seen it when she got out to see what she hit. After reading fb she will know she broke the sprinkler though. Maybe she'll say something like "I didn't realize...."

Probably not. She is not here today so I can mull this over during the 3-day weekend.
Second Home 07:30 AM 05-23-2014
Really , she got out and moved the rock . Then drove over the lawn anyway .
I would definately bring it up to her about the damage she did .

This is why I have added a section in my handbook about parents are liable for damages .
Heidi 07:36 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would just say that someone saw her and told you about it... you don't have to mention who

Shell 07:42 AM 05-23-2014
Wow! First day, huh?! She will probably deny it or pretend she didn't know she did it.
Blackcat31 07:45 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I woudn't normally suggest lying but NO way would I "out" a long standing parent just for the sake of "catching" a newbie...

I would want the newbie to think I found out in a neutral manner.
Heidi 07:50 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I woudn't normally suggest lying but NO way would I "out" a long standing parent just for the sake of "catching" a newbie...

I would want the newbie to think I found out in a neutral manner.
Maybe just say something like "So, we have a problem. I understand you moved the rock off the lawn the other day after getting stuck. I'm sure you weren't aware that by doing that, you drove over our sprinkler head. So, I'm going to have to ask you to pay for the damages".

If asked "how do you know it was me?" Just say "That doesn't matter, so lets just move on and focus on the positive, like how great DCB is fitting into our group"
Unregistered 08:36 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Maybe just say something like "So, we have a problem. I understand you moved the rock off the lawn the other day after getting stuck. I'm sure you weren't aware that by doing that, you drove over our sprinkler head. So, I'm going to have to ask you to pay for the damages".

If asked "how do you know it was me?" Just say "That doesn't matter, so lets just move on and focus on the positive, like how great DCB is fitting into our group"
yes.. good advice Heidi
Laurel 09:31 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Another dcd ratted out brand new dcm! It was her very first day! Dcd told me she ran over the rock, got out and moved it, then drove in the grass and left. She originally contacted me through my facebook page so I am pretty sure she probably saw my post. She never said a word though.

So as is, I pretty much watched the baby for free the first day after I pay for damages.
Thanks for the update. I hate when we don't get a follow up. We are invested in these dilemmas. It is kinda like a soap opera.

Laurel
cheerfuldom 09:40 AM 05-23-2014
I just don't understand people. Running over the lawn??? WTH? I have NEVER run over someone else's lawn. I did backout into my boss's car one time......but I immediately apologized, let him know and offered to pay for damages. It was a complete accident as his daughter parked it in a different spot, that is always empty, and I just pulled out without thinking....still, it was my fault.

Sheeesh. I just don't get these people. Do we have to spell out everything? Rule #1 Please use the driveway and the street when operating your vehicle. Rule #2 Don't forget, coffee may be hot when you drink it.

GAH!
Play Care 09:40 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
Thanks for the update. I hate when we don't get a follow up. We are invested in these dilemmas. It is kinda like a soap opera.

Laurel

Laurel 11:25 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
When I saw the title of the thread I was so excited cause I had wondered who it was. Ahem, I wonder if I need a life....

Laurel
Heidi 03:04 PM 05-23-2014
So...did you confront her?

Another update, please....
spud912 08:41 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
So...did you confront her?

Another update, please....
Yes, an update please!
momofboys 10:12 AM 05-24-2014
I don't think the DCM was there Fri so she won't see her until Tues.
Reply Up