Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Day with Assistant
Controlled Chaos 01:29 PM 05-20-2015
Having an assistant is the BEST! I wish I could afford to have her here everyday sigh... I am training her for the next month and hopefully she is ready for some serious substituting in June. I am so relieved to not have to close for my 4 day weekend/vacation! I will close for 3 days in July for a family vacation but I was stressing about closing for vacations 2 months in a row. And then I can take my car in to get serviced, go to the dentist, get a hair cut... I am so excited! She was so good with the kids, if only she would work for free she would be perfect
kendallina 01:49 PM 05-20-2015
Yay! I'm happy for you, I've thought about getting an assistant/substitute but I feel like that's money that could go directly in my pocket, so it's hard to give it up. But, yeh, I never go to the doctor or get haircuts anymore!

Are you giving her regular hours long-term?
Controlled Chaos 01:52 PM 05-20-2015
Starting in July I think it will be once a week, for 4 hours. So very part time. If I fill this last part time spot, then maybe 2 days a week. Just to get meal planning, grocery shopping etc. caught up. I am really stretched thin right now. Its not fair to my 3 little ones, that once daycare hours are over I am still running a mile a minute. I am a real penny pincher so I hate to give up the cash, but my husband and I decided it would be worth it for my sanity
AmyLeigh 02:21 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Starting in July I think it will be once a week, for 4 hours. So very part time. If I fill this last part time spot, then maybe 2 days a week. Just to get meal planning, grocery shopping etc. caught up. I am really stretched thin right now. Its not fair to my 3 little ones, that once daycare hours are over I am still running a mile a minute. I am a real penny pincher so I hate to give up the cash, but my husband and I decided it would be worth it for my sanity
Oh, to have an afternoon once or twice a week sounds heavenly. Nice.
AmyKidsCo 02:55 PM 05-20-2015
I'm glad it's working out for you!

I don't know if I could work with someone else full time. I'll have a student teacher again this summer, which has its pros and cons. I like having another set of hands, but as an introvert it's tiring to always have another adult around (the kids don't tire me out). But it'll just be Tues and Thurs from 8-1 so I'll have MWF and afternoons to myself.
Reply Up