Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Something Positive
NoMoreJuice! 07:29 PM 06-18-2015
I just want to interject a little positivity amidst all my complaining posts. I am actually having so much fun this summer!

After getting a slow start to our summer projects, we finally received two pen pal letters today! A little girl from Italy and a little boy from China. Which is perfect, because tomorrow we are "traveling" to China! We are exploring Chinese culture, learning a few mandarin phrases, making our own fortune cookies, and eating homemade fried rice and chicken lo mein for lunch with chopsticks(that should be a hoot!)!

We have already written about England and Germany in our passports, and we are traveling to China(tomorrow), Italy, Brazil, Egypt, and Australia.

My hubby suggested barbequed Kangaroo for the Australia trip. Umm, no thanks! Maybe some shrimp on the barbie?

Anyone else having fun? Any cool ideas to share?
Aussiedaycare 10:14 PM 06-18-2015
For Australia you could have meat pies and mini pavlovas. At the moment we are having our winter and especially where I am in Canberra it is cold and rainy so we have the heater blaring and hot chocolates with afternoon tea.

I would love to see your passports and know what sort of things you write in them!!
Josiegirl 02:04 AM 06-19-2015
That sounds like an awesome summer you've got planned!! Last summer we virtually toured some states the kids had picked and they had fun up until the last state or 2. They became indifferent to it. Well, the older kids did but the little kids still had fun. It's so hard with such varying ages.
NoMoreJuice! 05:47 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by Aussiedaycare:
For Australia you could have meat pies and mini pavlovas. At the moment we are having our winter and especially where I am in Canberra it is cold and rainy so we have the heater blaring and hot chocolates with afternoon tea.

I would love to see your passports and know what sort of things you write in them!!
Hi there! I didn't know we had any Australians on the board, I would have asked your input! Thanks for your food suggestions!
AmyLeigh 07:04 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I just want to interject a little positivity amidst all my complaining posts. I am actually having so much fun this summer!

After getting a slow start to our summer projects, we finally received two pen pal letters today! A little girl from Italy and a little boy from China. Which is perfect, because tomorrow we are "traveling" to China! We are exploring Chinese culture, learning a few mandarin phrases, making our own fortune cookies, and eating homemade fried rice and chicken lo mein for lunch with chopsticks(that should be a hoot!)!

We have already written about England and Germany in our passports, and we are traveling to China(tomorrow), Italy, Brazil, Egypt, and Australia.

My hubby suggested barbequed Kangaroo for the Australia trip. Umm, no thanks! Maybe some shrimp on the barbie?

Anyone else having fun? Any cool ideas to share?
We do this during the summer, too. Last year, I bought some Vegemite for the kids to try. It was hilarious! So not for young American palates!
Reply Up