Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tgif??
Michael 01:54 PM 10-05-2012
I have a question for all of you and would love some suggestions. I usually see TGIF every week and I know the term has a special meaning that thankfully the week has ended. I own TGIF.com and it is basically sitting like a bump on a log. Any ideas on what it could socially be used for?
daycarediva 01:56 PM 10-05-2012
Friday and/or weekend related photos/photo sharing?
daycare 01:57 PM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I have a question for all of you and would love some suggestions. I usually see TGIF every week and I know the term has a special meaning that thankfully the week has ended. I own TGIF.com and it is basically sitting like a bump on a log. Any ideas on what it could socially be used for?
jokes........................I actually hate fridays....because all of the kids are one hot mess from all the week long activities that I drag them through, while the parents still let them go to bed at god awful hours of the night. So by today I want to rip my hair out.....lol

but then I guess that is why we say........... THANK GOD IT's FRIDAY!!! lol
daycarediva 01:58 PM 10-05-2012
DD just said you could post fun Friday activities by weekend. Sortable by age or theme (21+, family friendly, free or low cost, etc)
Country Kids 01:58 PM 10-05-2012
Why they are glad the week is ending and what they are doing with the weekend?
daycare 02:02 PM 10-05-2012
it makes me think of that really annoying song from you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

I like the whole write why you are thankful its friday vent option, but I think it would be cool to have it also include what event or activities there are to do on a friday night/weekend
Michael 02:16 PM 10-05-2012
Great ideas thanks. So, ideas on what to do that weekend and posting pictures or stories of what happened over the weekend? I like the fact that it makes it feel like a 3 day weekend
dave4him 02:24 PM 10-05-2012
Actually right now i am not a fan of friday's, cause i hate working weekends. But maybe someday soon ill get the courage to quit
Sugar Magnolia 07:04 AM 10-07-2012
Ok, I gave it some thought....I was thinking along the lines io what daycarediva said, but with a "living social" angle. A homepage with a map, click on the state, click on a region of the state. Every Friday, you update a list of friday-sunday events, "fun" events, like film festivals, sporting events, museum/library events, kids, parks, nightclubs. The hook would be the site offers deals on these events. Example: "Buy one, get one free admission to the boat show......free parking at the Rays Baseball game.....admit child free with adult ticket to art museum......donate canned food and receive 20% discount on dining......." You get the picture. My son's school sells a coupon book that offers deals like this. I often wished it was available online. I also wished I had access to other areas, like if we were going to Tampa for the day. In summary; a nationwide, interactive map that directs users to fun weekend events in their area and offers deals and discounts as incentive to attend the events. I imagine you could charge the event sponsors a decent fee, those coupon book people certainly charge the sponsors/businesses. I would think you could charge users a very small membership fee, or a per-use fee. I would be willing to pay $20 a year for unlimited use. Heck, I pay $30 for the coupon book every year (yes it's a fund raiser, but I do use the coupons).
So what do you think Michael?
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 10-07-2012
I think it could be like "fmylife". If you aren't familiar with FML here is the link, but be warned the "F" does stand for the "F" word and some of the posts are really nasty, raunchy or even downright dirty but I have to say I laugh my butt off at some of them. http://www.fmylife.com/

Maybe TGIF.com could be a similar site for people who LOVE Fridays and need to say "TGIF because____________" and fill in the blank. Kind of in a way, like the venting thread we have.
Sugar Magnolia 07:46 AM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think it could be like "fmylife". If you aren't familiar with FML here is the link, but be warned the "F" does stand for the "F" word and some of the posts are really nasty, raunchy or even downright dirty but I have to say I laugh my butt off at some of them. http://www.fmylife.com/

Maybe TGIF.com could be a similar site for people who LOVE Fridays and need to say "TGIF because____________" and fill in the blank. Kind of in a way, like the venting thread we have.
Excellent idea!! Have you seen www.dog-shaming.com ? People could post the pictures with the little signs next to "stuff" that happened this week that made them say TGIF!
Blackcat, fmylife made me laugh so hard I cried.
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Excellent idea!! Have you seen www.dog-shaming.com ? People could post the pictures with the little signs next to "stuff" that happened this week that made them say TGIF!
Blackcat, fmylife made me laugh so hard I cried.
Oh my goodness! I check fmylife about once every 10 days or so and yes, I have read some nasty things on there (funny sometimes but nasty too) and of course I linked to it in my other post but I go read the first few today and am kind of embarrassed that today of all days, the posts are kind of sexually explicit..... they are that way now and then but they are NOT all that way.

I think that you can choose a category so you don't have to read the sexual ones if you dont want to but yes, Sugar...sometimes I laugh so hard I cry!

Makes me glad that other people have things go wonky in their own lives too...makes us all either glad we are who we are or at least makes us laugh...nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I have seen the dog shaming site and that is great laughs too!
MyAngels 08:14 AM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Ok, I gave it some thought....I was thinking along the lines io what daycarediva said, but with a "living social" angle. A homepage with a map, click on the state, click on a region of the state. Every Friday, you update a list of friday-sunday events, "fun" events, like film festivals, sporting events, museum/library events, kids, parks, nightclubs. The hook would be the site offers deals on these events. Example: "Buy one, get one free admission to the boat show......free parking at the Rays Baseball game.....admit child free with adult ticket to art museum......donate canned food and receive 20% discount on dining......." You get the picture. My son's school sells a coupon book that offers deals like this. I often wished it was available online. I also wished I had access to other areas, like if we were going to Tampa for the day. In summary; a nationwide, interactive map that directs users to fun weekend events in their area and offers deals and discounts as incentive to attend the events. I imagine you could charge the event sponsors a decent fee, those coupon book people certainly charge the sponsors/businesses. I would think you could charge users a very small membership fee, or a per-use fee. I would be willing to pay $20 a year for unlimited use. Heck, I pay $30 for the coupon book every year (yes it's a fund raiser, but I do use the coupons).
So what do you think Michael?
I was thinking something like this, too. My dh and I are often looking for something new to do on the weekends and it takes forever just to find something in our area, so something like this would be a great idea!
Sugar Magnolia 08:27 AM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I was thinking something like this, too. My dh and I are often looking for something new to do on the weekends and it takes forever just to find something in our area, so something like this would be a great idea!
...and you know what? I thought of like 25 potential sponsors in like a minute, just in my town. Some local, (the botanical gardens), some statewide (Legoland) some national (Chucky Cheese).
Kaddidle Care 08:51 AM 10-07-2012
I'm loving ALL of these ideas. I was thinking Weekend Recipes - especially ones for "special" drinks!

Let us know when you have it set up Michael. Sounds like it will be a fun site to visit.
Sugar Magnolia 07:38 PM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I'm loving ALL of these ideas. I was thinking Weekend Recipes - especially ones for "special" drinks!

Let us know when you have it set up Michael. Sounds like it will be a fun site to visit.

Tags:tgif
Reply Up