Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fundraising for FP Sponsor? Really?
crazydaycarelady 02:21 PM 10-09-2013
Well, I got the mail and my new FP sponsor sent order forms for flowers they would like us to sell to raise money for them. This sponsor only does the FP, no referral service or scholarship programs.

Don't they get reimbursed from the gov't based on how many providers they serve?

My old sponsor charged us for classes and this one doesn't, but I'd rather pay for classes then hawk flowers!

I seriously, absolutely DO NOT want to sell flowers!
nanglgrl 02:31 PM 10-09-2013
What the what?! That's crazy! So do you HAVE to sell the flowers or is it optional? Are you supposed to sell them to daycare families? I would never! "Little Ty had a great day, would you like to buy some flowers?"
crazydaycarelady 02:34 PM 10-09-2013
They would like us each to sell $100 worth. It doesn't say what happens if we don't.
nanglgrl 02:41 PM 10-09-2013
That's just utterly ridiculous. Send them a message back asking when they would like you to do this as you have a family to tend to and already work 60 hours a week. Or better yet send them an email asking for the prize brochure (like the school agers get when they sell stuff for school).
Maria2013 02:47 PM 10-09-2013
I wouldn't do it and I would look for a different FP
melilley 05:05 PM 10-09-2013
That is ridiculous. I would never do that and I can't believe they asked you to do it! I don't think anything can happen if you don't. I would call the main office and tell/ask them about it!
Leanna 05:12 PM 10-09-2013
By "FP" do you mean your food program rep? Wow. I would send the office a little order form that says you are selling fingerpaintings to raise money for daycare supplies.
Rockgirl 05:18 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
By "FP" do you mean your food program rep? Wow. I would send the office a little order form that says you are selling fingerpaintings to raise money for daycare supplies.
I love this idea! Seriously, I would NOT sell the flowers.
JoseyJo 05:34 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
I wouldn't do it and I would look for a different FP
Yep! Me too
butterfly 07:07 PM 10-09-2013
I wonder about the legality of this? If they don't provide any other services than Food Program...

I would be concerned about where this money is actually going? Is this going to fund the Food reps next vacation or something? I don't get it. Sounds like an easy way to embezzle money if you ask me. (I'm apparently not very trusting of others. )
kelsey's kids 07:40 AM 10-10-2013
You should definitely ask why. My fp did a fundraiser last year but it was because they haf to x amount of money in a reserve to pay one month worth of claims for some reason. If they didnt have it they were going to shut down because the reserve was gov mandated. This fp is the only one that serves my area so it was either help or lose food program for the entire area.
kelsey's kids 07:56 AM 10-14-2013
Did the fp ever give a reason?
LK5kids 10:52 AM 10-14-2013
Oh, I would hate this! I never do fundraising.....it's just not ME!

God luck - hopefully it isn't a requirement!
MotherNature 01:26 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I wonder about the legality of this? If they don't provide any other services than Food Program...

I would be concerned about where this money is actually going? Is this going to fund the Food reps next vacation or something? I don't get it. Sounds like an easy way to embezzle money if you ask me. (I'm apparently not very trusting of others. )
I was wondering the same thing. very weird...
Brooksie 01:29 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
What the what?! That's crazy! So do you HAVE to sell the flowers or is it optional? Are you supposed to sell them to daycare families? I would never! "Little Ty had a great day, would you like to buy some flowers?"
This sounds so ridiculous. Like you aren't busy enough, you have to pull a girl scout and hang out in front of walmart pedaling flowers? Lame. Can you just buy them yourself? lol
crazydaycarelady 01:50 PM 10-14-2013
I threw the brochure away and haven't heard another word, but they weren't due for a couple more weeks. The thing about dcproviders is most have kids, which mans we are already selling stuff for them too!
Tags:fundraiser, sponsor
Reply Up