Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need a nice way to tell dcm
Unregistered 12:08 PM 10-23-2014
That her little darling can't wear underwear to daycare anymore back to pull-ups becuSe he pooped his paints for the second time and he won't tell me he has to go. I don't want to come off snotty or bitchy so what's a nice way to say no more undies. She is aware of my two week accident free policy. She is the mom who threatened to find a new daycare if I didn't let him wear underwear.
Kabob 12:17 PM 10-23-2014
"In order to maintain a sanitary environment for everyone, I require dck to be accident free for 2 weeks here before coming in underwear, as discussed when we reviewed my policies. Thank you for understanding. "

I would just smile too. If she argues, smile and say you understand her frustration, and remind her of your termination policy if she feels she needs to find alternative care.

Really...threatening to pull is not an acceptable way for her to handle her disagreement with your policy. It is better to find someone that respects the cleanliness of your daycare and both her child and everyone else's children in your care.
Meyou 12:35 PM 10-23-2014
Hi Mom. I'm going to need you to send in some pullups or diapers for junior for the next couple of weeks. He had a second bowel movement in his underwear today and I can't continue having urine of feces around the daycare outside of the washroom for sanitary reasons."
deliberateliterate 01:13 PM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Hi Mom. I'm going to need you to send in some pullups or diapers for junior for the next couple of weeks. He had a second bowel movement in his underwear today and I can't continue having urine of feces around the daycare outside of the washroom for sanitary reasons."
I'd say it just like that. Maybe using terms like that, instead if pee and poo will hopefully make her realize how serious having messes like that are.
Reply Up