Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>I Am New Here
melonieb 09:26 AM 11-23-2013
Hi, I am new to this forum. I run an in home daycare in Texas. I am registered with the state. Is there anything else I can do to have more children enroll. I am having a hard time. I have alot of interviews, but 50% are no shows. I am worried.
Cradle2crayons 09:52 AM 11-23-2013
Originally Posted by melonieb:
Hi, I am new to this forum. I run an in home daycare in Texas. I am registered with the state. Is there anything else I can do to have more children enroll. I am having a hard time. I have alot of interviews, but 50% are no shows. I am worried.
Welcome to the forum!! It's a little slower here on the weekend but hang in here and more will show up!!

What are you doing for advertising??
melonieb 12:34 PM 11-23-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Welcome to the forum!! It's a little slower here on the weekend but hang in here and more will show up!!

What are you doing for advertising??
I have ads on craigslist, flyers, business cards and word of mouth. I also have my website. I know that the holidays are here and it will be a little slow. I am hoping after New Years business will pick back up.
Cradle2crayons 10:32 PM 11-23-2013
Originally Posted by melonieb:
I have ads on craigslist, flyers, business cards and word of mouth. I also have my website. I know that the holidays are here and it will be a little slow. I am hoping after New Years business will pick back up.
Yes, I think business is slower this time of the year. Do you live in a smaller area or a bigger city?? The most success I've had in bigger areas was putting flyers at the mailbox area of apartment complexes and in smaller areas putting a flyer up at the pediatrician offices and the small grocery store.

People here have great ideas though.
Michael 10:47 PM 11-23-2013
Welcome to the forum!

Here are more threads on advertising your daycare: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising
melonieb 06:38 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Yes, I think business is slower this time of the year. Do you live in a smaller area or a bigger city?? The most success I've had in bigger areas was putting flyers at the mailbox area of apartment complexes and in smaller areas putting a flyer up at the pediatrician offices and the small grocery store.

People here have great ideas though.
I live in a large area. Cy Fair ISD. I did pass flyers out before I started and I got no one. But I am hoping it picks up. My craigslist ads have been working great, I get lots of calls and some interviews. Actually the kids I have now got my info from craigslist.
Tags:advertising, texas member
Reply Up