Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Time Do You All Get Up In The Morning?
Breezy 07:44 PM 02-28-2012
My first DCG gets here at 5:30 every morning so I usually set my alarm for 4:45 and then snooze it every 5 minutes until 5:00. Then I get up, wash my face, brush my teeth, put some clean clothes on and then usually my 12 month old is starting to stir so I get him up and dressed and diaper changed. He stopped sleeping through the night recently and is up 2-3 times every night so it has become such a chore to shower every morning that early. Occasionally I will put DS and DCG in the high chairs for breakfast and then shower really fast when my DH gets up and is having his breakfast before work.

So, my question is: what time do you all get up in the morning and what do you do to get ready? I sometimes feel guilty that I am not showered and don't answer the door with bells on!
laundrymom 07:54 PM 02-28-2012
I rise at 430. I shower at night though. I get all the daycare off me before I sleep. I noticed a drop in me getting colds when I started this too. I make a point to limit daycare germs to daycare areas.
Cat Herder 07:59 PM 02-28-2012
I don't miss your early opening hours.....

I get up a bit before you, but I have no DCK's for 3 hours after that.

That gives me plenty of time to get my kids off to school, grab a shower, finish my household stuff, have an hour to read the paper and have a cup of coffee or two.

Of course, I am usually asleep by now (11pm)..... I'm trying to sneak in one more dreadfully boring power point class tonight so I can skip it during naptime tomorrow.... They can drone on endlessly and I can visit here.

It is always a bit of a juggle to fit in everything every day.....

Laundry... I am the same, but I take one at night (or a long soak) and in the morning. The morning one is more routine and therapy related it seems...
Lucy 07:59 PM 02-28-2012
First kid 7:05. Shower night before. Alarm 6:40, up at 6:55. Dressed, teeth brushed by 7:04!! I won't turn on the lights in the front of my house until 7:05, so she has been known to sit for a couple minutes.
Breezy 08:02 PM 02-28-2012
Sheeesh maybe I shouldn't even be complaining then lol.. I don't think I would be as tired if I was getting a decent amount of sleep though. I usually go to bed about 10:00 (considering going to bed at 9:30 tonight though because I am beat!!) but I am woken at 12, 2, and 3 usually by a certain little boy . We are having our new King size Select Comfort bed delivered on Friday though so if he continues this waking every few hours phase he is going into bed with mom and dad so we don't feel like zombies anymore.
AmyLeigh 08:03 PM 02-28-2012
My first dcg doesn't arrive until 8:20 or so. My alarm goes off at 6, but I don't get up until 6:30 or when one of my kids come in asking for food, whichever happens first. I would like to get up at 5:30, so I can hit the treadmill first thing, shower, dress then be ready for my children's "mommy time." But my bed feels sooooo much better than the treadmill does. So much for the 10K this summer, huh?
Breezy 08:06 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
I'm the late one. My first dcg doesn't arrive until 8:20 or so. My alarm goes off at 6, but I don't get up until 6:30 or when one of my kids come in asking for food, whichever happens first. I would like to get up at 5:30, so I can hit the treadmill first thing, shower, dress then be ready for my children's "mommy time." But my bed feels sooooo much better than the treadmill does. So much for the 10K this summer, huh?
As soon as my DS starts sleeping through the night again I have promised myself I would get up at 3:15, out the door to the gym by 3:45. Work out 'til 4:45, head home and get showered to great DCG at 5:30. We will see if that EVER happens though.
PolarCare 08:09 PM 02-28-2012
I get up at 5. My husband has to be at work at 6. He gets up at 4, showers, takes the dog out, starts his vehicle, and sometimes has to do driveway shoveling or snow blowing in the morning. By 5 he's ready to eat his breakfast and drink his coffee.

My boys get up at 6. They're in middle school. They have to leave at 6:40 to catch the bus. They both like to have breakfast "to go" made for them...something they can eat on the way, and something nice and hot to drink in a thermal cup. So I have that ready when they get out of the shower, and they kinda just grab it and go.

I don't let my DCKs come earlier than 7. Between the time my boys walk out the door and 7, I change out of my jammies into daytime clothes, gel my hair or put on a hat, wash my face, brush my teeth, and that's about all I do in the morning. I don't wear makeup every day, and I shower at night because DH, both boys, and the 3 older girls all shower in the morning. There is only so much the hot water heater can do, ya know?

Girls get up at 7 and jump through the shower. DCKs are all school aged. When they get here, they are to already have had breakfast, and they sit on the sofa and read until it's time to head to the bus stop. They go to school with my girls, so they all ride the same bus to and from school.

I'm in bed by 9 every night.
Greenplasticwateringcans 09:22 PM 02-28-2012
My alarm is set for 6:40 and I usually snooze it for the 9 minute preset. Quick shower, brush teeth, hair, makeup, and I'm ready for 7:10 drop off.
Zoe 09:35 PM 02-28-2012
I don't envy you gals at all! I tried the whole early morning thing...couldn't do it. I take care of a little one second shift so three nights a week I'm up until midnight. Can't do both!

I set the alarm for 6:30, hit the fifteen minute snooze three times wake up at 7:15. I get dressed, brush my hair, put on makeup, brush my teeth, let the dogs out, and do some cleaning from the night before (after hubs of course ), that sort of thing. And am ready for the first drop off at 7:45am. I shower the night before.
Breezy 04:18 AM 02-29-2012
Yawn, 4:45 came way too early this morning. Oh wait, I was awake at 12, 1, 3, 3:30, 3:50, 4:07, 4:45. This early drop off time is getting way old way too fast My second DCG doesn't come until 7:20. I don't know WHAT I was thinking.
Countrygal 04:34 AM 02-29-2012
We usually get up around 5:00. Both gs and I are morning people, anyway. That gives me a couple of hours to get ready for the kids. I get on here, research projects, line up my day and meals, vacuum and sweep. And have a couple cups of coffee!!!

My first ones come about 7:15. I am there to greet them with a smile. I follow a couple of FlyLady's rules - up and dressed (well, not quite to the shoes - but to the socks - and one load of laundry first thing in the morning. All dishes done, sink cleaned. I feel ready to face the day.

It's so much easier for me than at night. At night by the time the kids leave I'm wiped. All I want to do is sit. So I make supper and we sit down and eat. We're usually in bed gs - between 7:30 and 8 and myself not too long after that!
Mom&Provider 04:43 AM 02-29-2012
My first drop off is 7:30 am and I'm usually up around 6:30-6:45 am
SunshineMama 05:08 AM 02-29-2012
My schedule is exactly like yours! My dd will be 16 months at the end of the month but she has always been an early riser.

I never shower in the morning, unless I wake up really early and can't go back to bed. I am fairly confident that moms of young one year olds were not meant to shower
SD DaycareMOM 05:21 AM 02-29-2012
My handbook says I open at 7, but granted an exception to one family who arrives at 6:45. My alarm is set for 5, and depending on how many times I hit the snooze, I may get up and work out , then shower, hair, makeup and dress for the day. My own sa kids are pretty self-sufficient once I have woken them up. They get on the bus around 7:15. The best days ARE when I am up and ready in time to have the kitchen completely cleaned up and our activity supplies for the day all ready to go before the rest of the kids come around 7:30.
Angelwings36 05:27 AM 02-29-2012
I open the daycare at 7:30am. My alarm goes off at 6:30am and I usually have a 15 minute coffee then jump in the shower, do my hair, make up and get dressed. If I have a few minutes before 7:30am (like today) I will browse the net a little while I'm waiting for my first dck to come.
AfterSchoolMom 05:45 AM 02-29-2012
I get up at 6:45, my kids get up at 7, and they're out the door for school by 8. DCF usually arrives between 8 and 8:30. I don't have the early mornings that some of you do, and I'm still ready for bed by 9pm. I couldn't function if I had to get up at 5am!
makap 05:58 AM 02-29-2012
I am up at 5 30. I try to get as much done the night before as possible. First dcb arrives at 6. All others are here by 7-730. I have 6 everyday. I prefer starting earlier so that I am done earlier. All my dcks are gone by about 4 10 except for my 2 year old grandson whom I care for so I get the whole time with my family for the rest of the evening. I love it this way.

I used to start at 8-830 and was not done until 6 and I hated it as my son was in bed by 6 30 so I changed that.

By September I will have dcks leaving to go to school or for maternity leave and I have 3 moms who will be returning from mat leave who used to be here before they had their second baby. They were here until 5 or 6 but I am not sure if I will go back to that or not as it was too hard on us as a family.

I am going to tell them that I close at 4 30 and if they choose to remain with me (which I am sure they will) then great! If not oh well.

My son comes first! Thankfully I am in a position where I can be really choosy.
Meeko 05:58 AM 02-29-2012
I shower at night because it's less rushed and relaxes me.

Up at 5AM...throw on clothes that have been selected the night before.

Out the door no later than 5:10 AM with scary hair and no make-up.....

Get to my day care house at about 5:25AM

Make the hair less scary, paint the face to make me look alive...open at 6AM.
nannyde 06:01 AM 02-29-2012
4:30 a.m. and first kid comes at 7:30
Springdaze 06:11 AM 02-29-2012
My alarm goes off at 6 and I get up at 720. shower, wake kids up and first kids come at 8. I set it for 6 thinking Im going to get up and exercise, but has yet to happen!
melissa ann 06:42 AM 02-29-2012
I get up at 6:30, as well as my 2 kids. We get dressed, feed the dog and cat and head over to daycare side of house. First kids arrive by 7:10.
Before this family started in Dec. my first kids arrived between 8:45-9:00. That was nice. Then we got up at 7. My dd is in school and gets the bus at 8:15.
KDC 07:06 AM 02-29-2012
I get up at 6:15, and get ready for the day. I open at 7...I have three of my own kids (2,4,& 6) homework checked, lunches made, clothes picked out. Between 7 & 8 all my DCK's arrive. I started working out at night, and we've had some sickness in the house so all the kids are off schedule waking me up at all hours of the night. I'm exhausted keeping up with the chores and kids and working out... I don't believe I could possibly wake up at 4:30 Kuddo's to you guys =)
3myjob 07:07 AM 02-29-2012
I get up at 5:20am. Upstairs by 5:30 to start a 20 min workout. 5:50 I take a very quick shower. Get dressed and start on my cup of coffee. First children arrive at 6:20. I put them back down for a nap, put on some make up, watch a little news and enjoy some quiet before it's time to get the oldest DCG up and ready for school.
jojosmommy 07:20 AM 02-29-2012
3 days a week I am up at 4:45 to go to the gym and work out then shower, clean up, get kids ready, get breakfast ready, morning laundry load, dog out etc. First kids here as early as 7:45, but some days first kids as late as 8:30. The other two days I am up at 5-5:30 depending on my dd nursing schedule that night.
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 02-29-2012
I am up at 5:00 a.m. I leave for work around 7:00 (it is a 10 minute drive) and my first DCK arrives at 7:45.

I usually don't head to bed until well after midnight. I am an odd duck and HATE to sleep. I NEVER nap either. I know I should get more sleep but I don't drink, I don't smoke, I eat healthy and work out regularly so I figure I can skimp in the sleep part of being healthy. LOL!!
sharlan 07:46 AM 02-29-2012
On Monday and Friday, I get up between 4:15 and 4:30. My dcb comes between 4:45 and 5:15. I put him to back to bed and prepare for the day.

On T, W, Th, I get up between 6:30 and 6:45, shower, dress, and head downstairs for the day.

On M, W, F, my youngest grandson comes about 7. Otherwise my first dcb comes at 7:30.

I try to have a clean slate before I go to bed at night. Dishes done, floors swept, vacuumed, and toys set out for the day.
Countrygal 08:48 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:

I never shower in the morning, unless I wake up really early and can't go back to bed. I am fairly confident that moms of young one year olds were not meant to shower
Having raised three of my own and one grandson, I can say you are absolutely correct! Mothers of pre-schoolers are definitely meant to take nice, long, hot baths with plenty of bubbles and scent and candles while their hubby watches the baby for an hour!!!! To be repeated at least three times weekly!
daycare 08:55 AM 02-29-2012
wow I am spoiled after reading most of yours. I get up at 7:30am every day. First kid arrives at 7:45am.

My daycare is in a separate room so I shut it down starting at 5:30 every night.

I clean the front of my house every night to the T, including dusting, vacuum, and mopping, washing the walls. It's what I do right before I hop in the shower.

So when I wake up, I am already to go.. and I need sleep.. I gym every night from 8:45-9:45pm, clean my front area of my home, shower and bed all by 10:30.
renodeb 09:34 AM 02-29-2012
I get up between 530 and 545. First child gets here at 645. On days my teacher mom doesnt come, first kid isnt here til 730. Either way I have to be up to get my own kids up for school (they are 15 and 9)
Why not just leave him in bed when he wakes up in the night? I dont miss all the baby issues with my own kids. Hang in there!
Debbie
newtodaycare22 10:00 AM 02-29-2012
Oh I cringe when you guys say 4 or 5 am. I love my life and my job but I HATE waking up. I'll literally sleep till noon on the weekends and still not wake up easy.

My first kid is here at 7am sharp. I set my alarm starting at 6:10 and hit snooze for usually 10-20 minutes. 6:30 is my cut off to get up, shower, and get dressed. I wear no make up and my hair is always wet when they kids get here.
snbauser 10:05 AM 02-29-2012
My alarm is set for 6 but I typically hit the snooze until 6:15. Then get up, get ds up and get him breakfast. While he is eating I go back upstairs and get dressed, brush teeth, brush hair, etc. I shower at night. He is out the door at 7am for school. First 2 dck's are scheduled at 7am and third is at 7:15 but most days none of them get here before 7:15 or even 7:30 some mornings.
momofboys 10:07 AM 02-29-2012
I am not much of a morning person but I am fairly certainly that is mostly b/c I never go to bed until about 11:00 or 11:30. I don't have DCGs everyday. When I do they arrive by about 6:30/6:45 am. On those days I get up about 5:45 to shower/get ready, etc. On days I don't have other kids I get up about 7:00 to get ready then get my own kids up at 7:30 so they can get ready for school. This morning (a non-daycare kid day) I woke up terrified at 6:45 am thinking I forgot about the DCK - luckily I quickly remembered it was Wed not Thurs!
karen 11:32 AM 02-29-2012
I have always woken up by 4 in the morning. Everyone makes fun of me for this. I can't help it...That's just the way I am have been like this my whole life.
momma2girls 01:15 PM 02-29-2012
I wake up around 6:30-6:45 every am. The first child comes between 7:20-7:25
Country Kids 01:29 PM 02-29-2012
I set the alarm for 5 but usually up at 5:30. Would rather be up at 5 but its soooooo hard. My whole family is up by six and eating. I start making breakfast for them at 5:45 and then while they are eating I get ready. We all shower at night so thats already done. First kids here about 6:45 or so and my family is all out the door by 7:10. I really wish we could have some family time before they leave but we don't-
Tags:opening hours, provider - wake up time, wake up time
Reply Up