Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: What color for a nap room?
Buttery yellow 1 7.14%
Green (but prettier than what's up there!) 3 21.43%
Calm blue 8 57.14%
medium purple 1 7.14%
Other ideas? Share please! 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Room Help
SilverSabre25 07:54 PM 08-28-2010
I am lucky enough that I have a separate room for the children to nap in. The trouble with it is that we haven't painted it since we bought the house almost nine months ago. The walls are this very ugly, drab, blah shade of sagey green. I say "sagey" because true sage green is very pretty, and this just looks ugly. I hate them with a passion and am finally getting fed up with them and want to paint them. I want a color that's pretty, but not overly stimulating since the naproom is used exclusively for sleep, and also not overly gendered. Also, in the same vain, I want some pretty, yet sleepy (does that make sense? lol) posters to frame and put on the walls--where would I get those? I don't want to spend too much $$.
marniewon 07:59 PM 08-28-2010
I would do a blue color. I know blue is usually thought of as a "boy" color, but blue is supposed to be very calming also. For your pictures for the walls, find an old calendar and cut the pics out and frame them. You probably would want something of kids sleeping rather than being active. I love Anne Geddes and she has some great pics of infants sleeping.
QualiTcare 08:05 PM 08-28-2010
green and purple are known to be calming colors.

they have posters that say things like "integrity" and "success" and the pictures have natural scenery like an ocean wave or trees - they are really nice. just google "posters + integrity" and you'll see.

they had them all over the school i used to work at. i loved them.
QualiTcare 08:09 PM 08-28-2010
poster pic
Attached: integrity2.jpg (30.7 KB) 
Abigail 09:05 PM 08-28-2010
I googled "Sleepy Colors" and this site came up with general samples of Sleepy Color Palettes! What would we do without the internet?!

http://www.colorhunter.com/tag/sleepy/1

This site gives a VERY GOOD ANSWER to color choices! TRUE TOO!
http://educationalissues.suite101.co...r_and_learning
legomom922 05:48 AM 08-29-2010
I just went throught this very same thing! I wanted something that would be good for girl/boy, young or old, since my 2 stepkids sleep in there only 4 nights per month. So what I did was painted the top half in a very light lemony yellow, called custard, and the bottom was a sea green. These colors matched the border that I put up in the middle, which had snoopy & woodstock on it. The border also had some country blue, cranberry red, and blk in it, so what I did was get 2 comforters for the boys bunk beds, with cranberry red throw pillows, and a blk bean bag chair, which I put a stuffed Snoopy on. I also got the matching valance that went with the border. I just ordered a Peanut Gang poster that I am going to frame for the wall, and I also bought a Charlie Brown & Snoopy light switch cover, which has Charlie Brown & Snoopy gazing at the moon. It is sooo cute! So for me, I think it is easier to pick a 'theme", and then build your colors & acessories around that. I had just finished this room 2 days before my interview for a newborn, and when I showed them this room, they were sooooo pleased with it, and to be honest, I think it was a great selling point. Who wouldnt want their child sleeping in there? It's fresh, clean, organizied. I am now going to look for some more peanut acessories to put on a shelf, that I want my DH to put up on the wall, that will also hold wipes, etc.

Good Luck!
MarinaVanessa 11:15 AM 08-29-2010
I would chose a light blue or light seafoamy green or a combination of both. Soft greens and blues are said to be calming colors. Have you seen the home improvement store commercial where the parents buy a green paint and the associate tells them it's a calming colors and while they're painting the room the kids are running around screaming all through the house and as soon as they run throught the room that's being painted they both sit down to read? lol. Ok maybe it won't work that well but I love the light seafoam green colors and light baby blue combo. If I had a nap room I'd choose either of the two.
Tags:nap room decor, painting, room color
Reply Up