Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Spiderman Squash
hoopinglady 10:05 AM 11-07-2011
I just threw together a sauted butternut squash, chicken broth, onion powder, garlic salt (I was afraid the kids would be turned off by the chunks), a little pepper....served over whole wheat pasta.

Delicious!

The kids like it fairly well except for my seriously picky guy who won't touch hardly anything.

I loved it though, it almost didn't make it to the table, lol

When I brought it to the table they asked "what is this" I said butternut squash and dd heard "spiderman squash?!" So I went with it...
sharlan 07:16 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
I just threw together a sauted butternut squash, chicken broth, onion powder, garlic salt (I was afraid the kids would be turned off by the chunks), a little pepper....served over whole wheat pasta.

Delicious!

The kids like it fairly well except for my seriously picky guy who won't touch hardly anything.

I loved it though, it almost didn't make it to the table, lol

When I brought it to the table they asked "what is this" I said butternut squash and dd heard "spiderman squash?!" So I went with it...

Years ago, I had a 3 yo ask what was for dinner. I said bean and cheese burritos, she heard "catfood" burritos. That's what we've called them ever since.
KEG123 05:02 AM 11-08-2011
So funny! If I cuten up a dish's name, monster rice for example was bamboo (green) rice, they gobble it up!
sanderson 05:21 AM 11-22-2011
That sounds too cute, kids are so good at naming things so illogical.
Candyland 10:11 AM 11-24-2011
I cutesie names for food; esp if the kids eat it up!
misslori50 03:21 PM 08-20-2013
you made me laugh out loud
Tags:recipe, squash
Reply Up