Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much to Charge?
Josiegirl 04:28 AM 08-22-2013
I know every locale is different as far as rates go. One of my little guys is starting K next week and dcm asked my afterschool rates. Frankly I haven't had an afterschooler in a very long time and I couldn't answer her right away.He will be dropped off here around 3:15 and leave about 5ish. What would you charge?
Thanks for helping!
mrsmartin2007 05:13 AM 08-22-2013
I had this same issue and I wasn't sure and was caught of guard. It depends on how long you keep him and the competitors rates in your area. Since I will only pick up my DK twice a week. I just charged her my part time rate which is $20.00 per day. I will only have her for 2.5 hours after school and then she would get picked up.
Cradle2crayons 05:21 AM 08-22-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I know every locale is different as far as rates go. One of my little guys is starting K next week and dcm asked my afterschool rates. Frankly I haven't had an afterschooler in a very long time and I couldn't answer her right away.He will be dropped off here around 3:15 and leave about 5ish. What would you charge?
Thanks for helping!
I charge $50 a week for after school. I don't do before school.
Familycare71 05:23 AM 08-22-2013
I would charge $12 per day.
Unregistered 01:54 PM 08-22-2013
make it worth your while. I do min. $15 a day for before OR after school care.
Are you staying open later for this child? If so charge more!
mom2many 02:31 PM 08-22-2013
I charge $30 for before and after school care. My p/t rate is $20 for after school only. I charge $10/hr, so for 2 hours of care it is basically the same, which ever way you slice it!

Most def make it worth your while though, because they are taking up a spot!
DaisyMamma 07:04 PM 08-22-2013
In my area the going rate is about $15/day.
I'm open 3 days a week and I charge $50 / week without any extra fees for half days, delays, vacation days, etc. But I charge more during summer.
Tags:rates
Reply Up