Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Done!
JoseyJo 07:55 AM 01-01-2014
Our last day was yesterday. Bittersweet to say goodbye to the last of the kiddos but woke up this morning, went downstairs and remembered that I don't need the baby gate on the stairs anymore.

I also don't have to keep my house perfect 5 days a week, my teenage boys will get their own rooms, and I don't have to deal with daycare parents any more!!!

Spending the next month getting my CNA and getting started on the path toward a BSN/RN. Then the real work begins of getting a new job!
daycarediva 08:32 AM 01-01-2014
Congratulations and best of luck on all of your future endeavors!

I was a CNA while I was in school. I worked night in a hospice facility. Very challenging, and very rewarding, work. I almost went for my BSN but child care fell in my lap and grew on me. I am now finishing up my bachelors in ECE.
Naptime yet? 08:56 AM 01-01-2014
Jealous! I can't wait until the day I can have my house back, not clean every single day, have the energy for MY children...good luck with your future endeavors!
Stepping 10:59 AM 01-01-2014
Congratulations! It must feel great to have your home back
Maria2013 02:52 PM 01-01-2014
Congratulation

...not even one thing you'll miss?
Michael 03:06 PM 01-01-2014
Best of luck.
Scout 03:33 PM 01-01-2014
Congrats and best wishes!!
Laurel 05:06 PM 01-01-2014
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
Our last day was yesterday. Bittersweet to say goodbye to the last of the kiddos but woke up this morning, went downstairs and remembered that I don't need the baby gate on the stairs anymore.

I also don't have to keep my house perfect 5 days a week, my teenage boys will get their own rooms, and I don't have to deal with daycare parents any more!!!

Spending the next month getting my CNA and getting started on the path toward a BSN/RN. Then the real work begins of getting a new job!
Congratulations on the new chapter in your life!

I am planning to retire soon. Maybe as soon as a month or maybe a few months from now. Still have some things to work out but it will be soon.

Laurel
JoseyJo 05:07 PM 01-01-2014
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
Congratulation

...not even one thing you'll miss?
Yes- a couple of things about knee high

I have planned some play dates/lunch & movie days with some of my little ones who have been w/ us for a long time. Looking forward to those!!
Tags:closing daycare, last day
Reply Up