Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Winter Weather Policy
Play Care 05:16 AM 01-12-2015
Help, my computer ate my policy!
I did a search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
Can those who have a winter weather policy share theirs so I can maybe cob a new one together?

I think mine was like this: "If weather/road conditions are such that officials ask non essential personnel to stay off the roads, a State of Emergency is declared or is likely to be declared, then this child care will be CLOSED. I will inform you via text that morning if closing due to weather. As these occurrences are rare, payment is expected for those days. For minor weather events this child care will be open even if schools are closed. Closing time will remain the same and normal late fees will apply on those days. It is a parents responsibility to have back up care on those days where child care may be closed."
CraftyMom 05:32 AM 01-12-2015
Sounds good! Mine is more simple, I like yours better.

"If I decide to close when it is snowy or icy it will be unpaid. In this case you will receive a credit for the following week. In the event I do close for a snow day you will be notified by 6am (or asap) of my closing. Safety is the main reason for closing for snow or ice."
Play Care 05:36 AM 01-12-2015
I like that blurb about safety! I was thinking of putting something like "State regulations require I have a plan for inclement weather days where road/weather conditions makes attendance at child care unsafe"
Tags:closing due to weather, inclement weather, snow policy, weather policy
Reply Up