Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Humper?

My 1.5yo dcb humps stuff alot. I only have girls of my own so I've never really spent as much time with a baby boy as I have with him. Is this normal for little boys? What should I do when he's doing it? I assume it's normal, but want to make sure its not a sign of something else I should be aware of. This is the same little boy I've posted about before that wakes up with "nap terrors". What do you all think?
Old 03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

lol....too funny! Animal instinct! Oh, it's reeeaal funny when the dog does it...

This is one of those things no one ever talks about, right?

One of my grown sons was a "humper" when he was little. I am happy to report, he is 22 now and is in his first, very healthy, relationship with an actual girl.

Seriously, he did grow out of it, but it was a little embarrasing at time. As with all things toddler.....redirect!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:24 PM

My daughter (3 y.o.) does this when she's strapped into the car seat. She's been doing it since she was 11 months old and there isn't too much we can do to stop it. Now that she's older, whenever there is anyone else around the car or in the car with us, we can tell her, "no pumping" and she knows to stop...lol. But if we're always saying, 'no pumping' then she yells at us, "I'm going to be pumping, mommy!"

I'm not worried, she'll outgrow it.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

OMG This is too funny!!!

As long as there is no woodstove in your home!

My brother did this when he was two and one time he burnt himself on my dad`s woodstove!

It was not funny for him at the time but it sure gave us something to laugh at for many years to come. He is still teased about it!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Mostly lurking member

had one of those when I used to teach preschool....she found out that if she laid on the end of the slide "just right" that she could get the sweet spot. LOLOL. She came over and was red faced and said "whew....I's all schweaty (how she said it)" and it was all I could do to keep a straight face, thinking the whole time "well i guess you're doing it right". LOLOLOL
Old 03-01-2012, 04:24 PM

I know that can be really awkward. I had a 2 year old DCG that really was wanting to do that constantly. I would tell her no during the day but I wouldn't stop her during nap time (in her own pnp, in her own room)
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM
New Daycare.com Member

It is very normal for boys.... I have never heard of girls doing this though... In fact if a girl was doing i might suspect abuse..
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Why would you suspect abuse for a little girl and not a little boy?

My 2 year old neice used to "wiggle" all the time in her carseat up against her carseat buckle. She was not abused!

Girls have sensative parts too!

Over the years I have had a few kids, mostly boys, but some girls that will tuck a blanket under them during naptime. Most of the time I dont even think they are really concious of it. They dont get that it is sexual in anyway. It just feels different so they keep doing it.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
False Sense Of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
Why would you suspect abuse for a little girl and not a little boy?

My 2 year old neice used to "wiggle" all the time in her carseat up against her carseat buckle. She was not abused!

Girls have sensative parts too!

Over the years I have had a few kids, mostly boys, but some girls that will tuck a blanket under them during naptime. Most of the time I dont even think they are really concious of it. They dont get that it is sexual in anyway. It just feels different so they keep doing it.
Nearly all of mine were girls. A few did it to relax themselves at naptime and one did it because she just liked it. The first one kinda worried me, but then I did some research.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 AM

I redirect if it is playtime and let the child go at it at naptime. It is a soothing behavior, similar to thumb sucking or a comfort item for many kids.

Tags
humper, inappropriate behavior