Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow Some People...
tenderhearts 10:12 AM 12-14-2010
Wow, I just got an email in response to my daycare ad on craigslist. I usually run a special when I have an opening and 3 of my current families came in on this special. All it is is $25 off the first 2 weeks of care.
Email said, "I find this advertisement particularily hard to believe?" and then at the top it said what is a scam. Why would this be hard to believe??? I don't get it...
SilverSabre25 10:20 AM 12-14-2010
Sounds like a spam email to me
KEG123 10:30 AM 12-14-2010
I'd delete the message and leave it at that. Sounds like junk mail.
tenderhearts 10:33 AM 12-14-2010
Actually it wasn't junk email, it gave the persons email adress and name who it was from.
KEG123 10:46 AM 12-14-2010
I'd still delete it. Obviously they are not serious about your services. Maybe a troll?
jen 10:46 AM 12-14-2010
Maybe they are partially illiterate and read something else, like care was $25 a week or something equally outrageous.

Probably another provider!

You could always email back and say something like..

I am sorry, I must not be making myself clear. My weekly rate is $175. For new clients, the weekly rate for the first two weeks of care is $150. After the initial two weeks the rate returns to $175. In other words, new clients get a $50 discount.

I'd laugh myself silly if it was another provider!
momofboys 10:57 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Wow, I just got an email in response to my daycare ad on craigslist. I usually run a special when I have an opening and 3 of my current families came in on this special. All it is is $25 off the first 2 weeks of care.
Email said, "I find this advertisement particularily hard to believe?" and then at the top it said what is a scam. Why would this be hard to believe??? I don't get it...
Funny, I just got a similar e-mail that said "You've got to be kidding me!" I was not sure what they meant but I was annoyed! My prices are pretty fair for my area. Not sure if they meant I was too expensive or too cheap! Oh, well! Probably just someone wanting to add you to their e-mail junk/spam list!
Bizzymom1111 01:16 PM 12-14-2010
It has to be spam. I recieved one today in response to my own craigslist ad that said, "exactly why do you have such numerous figures in your ad?". I was like....what? I don't even list numbers or prices in my ad! I just deleted it. I wouldn't respond because I have before to one of those strange ones...I needed clients.. And my computer got a virus I'd play it safe and delete it.
jen 01:17 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
Funny, I just got a similar e-mail that said "You've got to be kidding me!" I was not sure what they meant but I was annoyed! My prices are pretty fair for my area. Not sure if they meant I was too expensive or too cheap! Oh, well! Probably just someone wanting to add you to their e-mail junk/spam list!
Email back a form letter looking note that says:

Thank you so much for your interest in our daycare program. Unfortunately, we are not accepting applications at this time. We would of course be happy to add you to our waiting list. We anticipate an opening in mid-2011.

Again, thank you for your inquiry. We wish you the best of luck with your daycare search.
kendallina 04:08 PM 12-14-2010
Don't respond! It is spam and likely will use your email to send you a bunch of crap if you respond. Even though the email came from a real email address and has a real name, it is spam. I hate craigslist spam.
Tags:advertise, craigs list, discount
Reply Up