Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Say...
countrymom 06:13 AM 06-24-2013
I love............

odoban

so after reading the thread about how great it was, I searched here for it (ontario) they don't sell it. so on friday dh has to catch a plane to mexico via detriot airport and asks if I need anything cause he got there way too early. So I sent him to go buy me odoban and he finds it in walmart (he had to buy some shirts because his belt ate them all) its a spray and in eucalyptus smell, omg the smell is so nice. I'm using it all over the place. I even washed the bedding today and sprayed the mattress and the pillows. Oh it cost 2 dollars for it. And its so much better than febreeze, hands down 100 percent better.
GoodKarma 06:28 AM 06-24-2013
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check that out. Between the dogs, cats and daycare kids, I am always on a crusade against odors
sharlan 06:32 AM 06-24-2013
I buy my ODOBAN at Sam's Club. I've seen it at Costco in the past, but I don't know if they still sell it.

I works great on skunk smells, too. I hit a skunk and my eyes were burning before I got home. I put the odoban in a garden sprayer and sprayed the whole under carriage of my car, including the inside of the engine compartment and the inside of all the tires.
Cradle2crayons 08:35 AM 06-24-2013
Yay another ODOBAN supporter!! I've been using it for years. It's good for everything and the state approved it for me to use because I can't use bleach. It's also good for putting in icky laundry. I also used to steam clean carpets with it. I use it.for.everything.!!!!!
Unregistered 09:13 AM 06-24-2013
Thank you for the reminder! I'm also from Ontario and tried to find it here with no luck. I'm off to the U.S. in a few days. I'll look for it then.
countrymom 10:09 AM 06-24-2013
I would like to put it in my steam mop has anyone ever did this. I'm telling you guys, the kids bedrooms smell so nice and clean. I now need to go over (maybe this weekend) and buy more, heck I can't wait to use it in dh's van because it smells so bad and he has no idea why.
MissAnn 10:44 AM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I would like to put it in my steam mop has anyone ever did this. I'm telling you guys, the kids bedrooms smell so nice and clean. I now need to go over (maybe this weekend) and buy more, heck I can't wait to use it in dh's van because it smells so bad and he has no idea why.
I pour some on the floor and then mop with my shark.

It's not really a sanitizer, right? More for deodorizing? Wish I could use it for sanitizing tables.
MamaBearCanada 10:50 AM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:

It's not really a sanitizer, right? More for deodorizing? Wish I could use it for sanitizing tables.
I don't know if you'd be allowed under licensing to use it for sanitizing but the website says it kills 99.9% of germs.
http://www.odoban.com/

I'm going to try & find some in Canada now!
Blackcat31 10:51 AM 06-24-2013

Odoban IS a sanitizer.

The web-site says "OdoBan®, odor eliminator and disinfectant, eliminates unpleasant odors, cleans, disinfects, sanitizes and deodorizes household surfaces while leaving a fresh scent."

Check out their FAQ's section for all sorts of uses. http://www.odoban.com/products/faqs.php
MissAnn 01:45 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
I don't know if you'd be allowed under licensing to use it for sanitizing but the website says it kills 99.9% of germs.

I'm going to try & find some in Canada now!
Why do they not put this bit of info on the bottle?
countrymom 01:54 PM 06-24-2013
I'm not lisenced so I do as I please, I just want to clean my floors and make it smell nice lol!
Cradle2crayons 02:34 PM 06-24-2013

It is a sanitizer and has directions to mix as such. Which from memory I think is 7 oz per gallon. And yes, it's EPA approved.
AmyKidsCo 05:45 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Odoban IS a sanitizer.

The web-site says "OdoBan®, odor eliminator and disinfectant, eliminates unpleasant odors, cleans, disinfects, sanitizes and deodorizes household surfaces while leaving a fresh scent."

Check out their FAQ's section for all sorts of uses. http://www.odoban.com/products/faqs.php
Melalueca's Sol-U-Guard is too, but our licensing won't accept it.
Cradle2crayons 08:33 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I'm not licensed but we are supposed to use bleach. I can't use it, my daughter has an asthma attack anywhere there's bleach and I refuse to keep it in our home period. So a note from her doctor is on file stating asthmatics shouldn't be around any dilution of bleach and I turned it into the state. With high incidences of asthma here in ms, they understand. I've not had a problem with any inspections or the dept of health.
Blackcat31 08:35 AM 06-25-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Isn't it funny/weird what licensing will and won't accept? Sometimes, it makes me think that they leave it up each individual licensor rather than up to written state rules.
LK5kids 03:02 PM 06-25-2013
I have never heard of odor ban! I am going to W. Mart tonight. Will check it out! I hate the smell of frebreeze
Familycare71 07:46 PM 07-17-2013
I know this is older but just discovered odoban... So you can use it as a replacement for febreeze?? Is it safer?
And do you clean with it? Like in the bathroom, etc... I read it has to sit for ten min to disinfect and isn't food safe-
I'm mainly looking to use it for deodorizing... Do you use it the same as febreeze?
How do you use it in laundry? As an additive?
Also- anyone use the solid for Oder control? Is it safe? I won't use air fresheners because there are so many harmful chemicals in them...
Thanks!!!!
countrymom 05:14 AM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by Christie71:
I know this is older but just discovered odoban... So you can use it as a replacement for febreeze?? Is it safer?
And do you clean with it? Like in the bathroom, etc... I read it has to sit for ten min to disinfect and isn't food safe-
I'm mainly looking to use it for deodorizing... Do you use it the same as febreeze?
How do you use it in laundry? As an additive?
Also- anyone use the solid for Oder control? Is it safe? I won't use air fresheners because there are so many harmful chemicals in them...
Thanks!!!!
I just bought the jug of it, because i love it so much. I use it as febreeze and it dries quick. I spray it on my rugs in the early morning so it doesn't smell so stale in here. I just also bought the solids too (I bought 3 of them) and put one in the daycare room, the kids don't know where it is but it does take the odor out. and the top is covered so the kids can't even put their fingers in it. I haven't tried using it in the laundry yet, but I should try on my towels. I love this product and recommend it to anyone, unfortunatly you can't get it in canada so I cross the border to buy it. I love the eucolyptysis smell.
Familycare71 05:18 AM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I just bought the jug of it, because i love it so much. I use it as febreeze and it dries quick. I spray it on my rugs in the early morning so it doesn't smell so stale in here. I just also bought the solids too (I bought 3 of them) and put one in the daycare room, the kids don't know where it is but it does take the odor out. and the top is covered so the kids can't even put their fingers in it. I haven't tried using it in the laundry yet, but I should try on my towels. I love this product and recommend it to anyone, unfortunatly you can't get it in canada so I cross the border to buy it. I love the eucolyptysis smell.
Thank you!! I'm going to get some! The baking soda in jars isn't cutting it!! Ill also get some of the cleaner/deodorizer
Sunshine74 07:33 PM 07-18-2013
I need to find this stuff just for use at home. My husband plays lacrosse, so our car tends to smell a little funky sometimes.
Sugar Magnolia 07:48 PM 07-18-2013
So the burning question for me is......why is it not available in Canada?
Familycare71 08:24 PM 07-18-2013
Can you order from Home Depot online? I just bought a bunch and can't wait for it to arrive. Prices were way better than amazon!!
I researched it and there are no known or suspected carcinogens in it... Maybe because it can cause permanent damage to your eyes if it gets in them?
I dont know-
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
So the burning question for me is......why is it not available in Canada?
I called the customer service number on their web-site and was told that just recently, Odoban did send a few products to Home Depot stores in Canada to do a trial run to see if the product is sellable there.

I was also told that Odoban was not approved as a disinfectant according to Canadian standards (whatever the Canadian EPA is called) and is considered a deodorizer ONLY under their guidelines.

The company itself was not fully licensed to sell in Canada either until now* (*see above)

HTH
Tags:disinfectant, odor, sanitizer
Reply Up