Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Word This?
MotherNature 06:48 PM 03-11-2014
I want to take a personal day at the end of the month. My cousin & her family are coming into town for the weekend from Pittsburgh & I want to show her around our Children's Museum. It's rated the biggest & best in the world. How should I word this in an email? My printer is down, so I need to email it..

Dear parents, I will be taking a personal day on Friday, March X & will be closed that day. Payment for the following week will still be due at its regular time. Thank you for your understanding...
--me

That sounds really brusque to me, mentioning the financial part. Idoubt my parents will forget that. They're good about it. Should I even mention that? Also, I don't need to apologize for taking a day off w/ a couple week's notice. How to make that sound better? First time I've taken a non-sickness related personal day since I opened a yr and a half ago. Thanks!
Michael 12:13 AM 03-12-2014
Pushing this back up. Some more threads on personal days: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=personal+days
Cradle2crayons 02:11 AM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I want to take a personal day at the end of the month. My cousin & her family are coming into town for the weekend from Pittsburgh & I want to show her around our Children's Museum. It's rated the biggest & best in the world. How should I word this in an email? My printer is down, so I need to email it..

Dear parents, I will be taking a personal day on Friday, March X & will be closed that day. Payment for the following week will still be due at its regular time. Thank you for your understanding...
--me

That sounds really brusque to me, mentioning the financial part. Idoubt my parents will forget that. They're good about it. Should I even mention that? Also, I don't need to apologize for taking a day off w/ a couple week's notice. How to make that sound better? First time I've taken a non-sickness related personal day since I opened a yr and a half ago. Thanks!
Dear parents,
On Friday, March X, I will be taking a personal day. I will be closed the entire day and will re-open the following Monday, March X. "

If your parents are supposed to pay on that Friday, I would actually say "payment for the following week will be due by close of business on Thursday, March X"

I wouldn't want parents showing up at my house on my personal day to pay, especially if I'm not going to be there.

No apologies are needed but maybe a "thank you for understanding" could be thrown in there for good measure.
coolconfidentme 04:21 AM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Dear parents,
On Friday, March X, I will be taking a personal day. I will be closed the entire day and will re-open the following Monday, March X. "

If your parents are supposed to pay on that Friday, I would actually say "payment for the following week will be due by close of business on Thursday, March X"

I wouldn't want parents showing up at my house on my personal day to pay, especially if I'm not going to be there.

No apologies are needed but maybe a "thank you for understanding" could be thrown in there for good measure.

ps...., I love our Children's Museum too! Remember when they had the dinosaur's head looking though the window?
MotherNature 04:55 AM 03-12-2014
They still do... The baby dinosaur is half inside the window. Or was that before? I've only lived in Indy since 08...
MotherNature 05:45 AM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Dear parents,

Thank you, used that & sent it this AM.
Tags:day off, paid days off, personal days
Reply Up