Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>House for Sale
JackandJill 05:46 AM 03-29-2017
Does anyone have a letter to parents explaining that they are selling their house?

I want to put all the info in a note home so that there is no confusion on whats happening.

I plan to stay open until we move, giving people a 30 day notice when we accept an offer. But I also understand people may move on earlier. I just don't want people thinking this means the contract is null and void, and have people skipping out without notice, etc.

Any advise would be helpful!!
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 03-29-2017
I have no advice as I've never moved while doing child care before but here are a few more threads on moving. Perhaps one of them has some good advice or ideas for you!

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=moving
JackandJill 06:29 AM 03-29-2017
Thanks!!
Leigh 02:19 PM 03-29-2017
Truly, I wouldn't mention it to parents at all. You're planning to give 30 days' notice. That should be sufficient.

When I moved, I stayed open after (and even DURING the move-I'd never do THAT again!). I didn't tell parents anything until it was nearly time to move, then I just gave my new address. Every one came to my new address.
JackandJill 05:02 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Truly, I wouldn't mention it to parents at all. You're planning to give 30 days' notice. That should be sufficient.

When I moved, I stayed open after (and even DURING the move-I'd never do THAT again!). I didn't tell parents anything until it was nearly time to move, then I just gave my new address. Every one came to my new address.
That's good to know! I am so stressed about everyone leaving right away and having no income!
daycarediva 09:43 AM 03-30-2017
Our house is listed right now. No sign out front. My daycare parents are not aware (or they haven't mentioned it if they are)
Michael 04:41 PM 03-30-2017
Here is a whole bunch of threads on Closing Letter: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...closing+letter
Unregistered 04:54 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Our house is listed right now. No sign out front. My daycare parents are not aware (or they haven't mentioned it if they are)
We discussed nit putting up a sign, but we are also on a timeline to move for my husbands new job. While I like the idea of not putting up a sign, we want the exposure that it will give us!

Hope your move is going well! How do you handle showings during daycare hours? Or do you just do them when you're closed?
Tags:closing daycare - how to, closing letter, moving, moving letter
Reply Up