Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calling for Infant Spots Months in Advance
Claraskids 11:28 AM 02-06-2016
I am one of the few providers in my town who will take infants - other than the large centers. I realize that there is a shortage of infant spots. But seriously, is it normal to start calling and wanting to set up interviews when your only 3 months pregnant?! I am getting these calls at least two times a week. I've been telling the parents to call back no more than two months before they want to start care as I can't predict my openings any sooner than that.
Looking for recommendations or ideas on how to handle these advance calls. Yes, I want to keep my infant spots full at all times, but not sure how to handle this or what I should charge to hold a spot. Right now I don't have any holding fees, etc as every one of my families has always started within a week of the initial interview.
Along the same topic, does anyone keep their daycare to a certain age? I am quickly finding that my temperament is much better suited to the wee ones and not the SA. It even states in my handbook that I won't take SA. I'd like to even just limit it to just under three year olds, but still debating all the pros and cons.
Up