Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Night Childcare Routine
bigmamadaycare 07:31 AM 06-24-2019
Greetings friends, could someone help me, I need a routine example for night care 6pm - 12am.
Thank you
Cat Herder 07:46 AM 06-24-2019
Here, we have to stay awake during opening hours so it can get tricky. If we are open at night, we must close to sleep during the day.

I guess it would depend on when the children are expected to sleep? If parents work night shift you may be expected to keep them up so they sleep on the parents' schedule. If so a regular schedule would work just in PM. I am sure that would have to change for school-aged kids, though.

Have you asked parents what schedule they are expecting?
Gemma 08:35 AM 06-24-2019
I used to run shifts and stay opened till 12:00am and I stayed awake until all the kids were gone.
bigmamadaycare 08:36 AM 06-24-2019
Thank you for your attention, our night shift covers from 6pm to 12am and we should have a routine for children this should include dinner, snack some activity, preparation to sleep alone that is not sure what kind of activity, usually are children of 2 -4 years.
Pestle 10:57 AM 06-24-2019
You don't want it to be too stimulating. Can you offer a choice? Maybe some fine motor skills activities (sorting, puzzles, nesting/stacking), with the option of sitting and listening to a story instead?
flying_babyb 07:46 PM 06-24-2019
ours was:
6pm dinner
630-7 quiet play (usually table or fine motor. School kids did homework)
7-715 snack
715-745 PJs and teeth
745-8pm getting in bed, story
8pm lights out, quiet music, back rubbing
We did allow the kids who got picked up by 9 to stay up sometimes (per parent request) but they had to sit at the table with just a small light on. I worked at a center, and most nights we had around 14 kids.
Unregistered 10:15 PM 06-24-2019
thanks a lot.your answer is very useful
hwichlaz 11:47 AM 06-25-2019
6pm dinner
630 clean up and quiet activity like puzzles
7pm free play with low light and manipulatives. I used TV trays. The kids could play with small lego blocks or draw etc on a tray over their laps.
730 bedtime routine including tooth brushing, pajamas, potty, wash face hands etc....story, then bedtime by about 8pm.

We are allowed to go to bed ourselves once the kids are asleep.
Lissa Kristine 02:55 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
ours was:
6pm dinner
630-7 quiet play (usually table or fine motor. School kids did homework)
7-715 snack
715-745 PJs and teeth
745-8pm getting in bed, story
8pm lights out, quiet music, back rubbing
We did allow the kids who got picked up by 9 to stay up sometimes (per parent request) but they had to sit at the table with just a small light on. I worked at a center, and most nights we had around 14 kids.
You gave them a snack half an hour after dinner?
Tags:after hours care, curriculum - age appropriate, dap, evening hours, licensing regulations, night routine, training courses
Reply Up