Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Daycare/Daycare Center Questions
Megan123 01:21 PM 07-03-2014
I'm considering opening my own daycare or daycare center. ( I have some old unused property passed down to me) I have kids of my own and I'm home with one of them most of the day and I watch over two neighbor kids with potentially more to come if i get the licensing, I refuse to have more than three in my house without the licensing requirements, so I want to do it the right way (sort of)....
I'm in maryland but others are welcome to suggest) In my area there a great need for daycare's because most are completely full or are closing, especially for infants. If i were to do this i would look to potentially hire workers to help while I do the business side of everything.

Any Information will help....

What comes with opening a daycare/ daycare center.
How much do daycare centers usually pay their workers/providers
Can I take Maryland daycare assistance
Is there a food program ( do I have to purchase the food myself or do I get assistance)
How much do you charge, by hours weeks etc....

Blackcat31 01:27 PM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by Megan123:
I'm considering opening my own daycare or daycare center. ( I have some old unused property passed down to me) I have kids of my own and I'm home with one of them most of the day and I watch over two neighbor kids with potentially more to come if i get the licensing, I refuse to have more than three in my house without the licensing requirements, so I want to do it the right way (sort of)....
I'm in maryland but others are welcome to suggest) In my area there a great need for daycare's because most are completely full or are closing, especially for infants. If i were to do this i would look to potentially hire workers to help while I do the business side of everything.

Any Information will help....

What comes with opening a daycare/ daycare center.
How much do daycare centers usually pay their workers/providers
Can I take Maryland daycare assistance
Is there a food program ( do I have to purchase the food myself or do I get assistance)
How much do you charge, by hours weeks etc....
Welcome to the forum!

A lot of the info you asked about is really specific for each state.

Here is the link to your state's rules and regulations.

https://www.daycare.com/maryland/

We do have a few members from your state on the board so they may be able to help you out too.

The traffic around here is pretty busy on weekdays but being the week of the 4th of July alot of providers are on vacation but stick around, I'm sure there will be lots of advice and helpful tips for you.
missy 09:38 PM 07-03-2014
Yes, the MD providers can help you more.

If you decide to open a center, I just went through the whole process and can give you some good advice on the process (legal, hiring, accounting, payments, etc. etc.!), feel free to pm me anytime.

Good luck!!
Tags:daycare center, starting daycare
Reply Up