Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare- Re: Dead Grass
jenboo 01:05 PM 03-17-2015
OK so now that I closed my daycare, I have some advice about your dead grass.
I had a few spots that had died to not being watered (didn't realize the sprinklers had broke). I tried to get the grass to grow back but I didn't have any luck.
Much to my surprise, after being closed for a few weeks now, the grass is growing back! And I didn't even do anything to help it!

So my point is that your grass is probably dying from not being watered and it's not growing back because of the kids playing on it.
daycare 02:46 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
OK so now that I closed my daycare, I have some advice about your dead grass.
I had a few spots that had died to not being watered (didn't realize the sprinklers had broke). I tried to get the grass to grow back but I didn't have any luck.
Much to my surprise, after being closed for a few weeks now, the grass is growing back! And I didn't even do anything to help it!

So my point is that your grass is probably dying from not being watered and it's not growing back because of the kids playing on it.
hmmmm I may have to see if we can play out front for a few weeks and let the grass breathe. thanks for letting me know this......
permanentvacation 02:57 PM 03-17-2015
In my case, yes, the kids are doing some damage to it. But it's more my dog that has killed my grass. He goes crazy running back and forth and then in big circles whenever anyone walks past our yard. So, I'm sure he's done more damage than the kids, even though, the kids have also done their fair share of damage.

I started thinking about buying paving stones and using them to basically concrete the entire yard. They only cost $2.00 per 1 square foot stone, but once you add up the amount I'd need plus the sand to fill in between them, it adds up and would be quite expensive. Then I thought of doing a smaller section with the paving stones and putting things like the turtle sand box and crab sand box with items like cars or something other than sand in them.
jenboo 03:13 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
hmmmm I may have to see if we can play out front for a few weeks and let the grass breathe. thanks for letting me know this......
Yeah I was shocked when I looked outside and saw the grass growing!! The kids didn't even play in the area that was dead very often but I guess it was enough to prohibit the grass from growing.
daycare 03:16 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Yeah I was shocked when I looked outside and saw the grass growing!! The kids didn't even play in the area that was dead very often but I guess it was enough to prohibit the grass from growing.
we did have some gopher and raccoon issues earlier this year too so they helped some, but for the most part if you would of have seen a picture of it back in July when we moved in until now holy cow it looks horrible.
daycare 03:16 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
In my case, yes, the kids are doing some damage to it. But it's more my dog that has killed my grass. He goes crazy running back and forth and then in big circles whenever anyone walks past our yard. So, I'm sure he's done more damage than the kids, even though, the kids have also done their fair share of damage.

I started thinking about buying paving stones and using them to basically concrete the entire yard. They only cost $2.00 per 1 square foot stone, but once you add up the amount I'd need plus the sand to fill in between them, it adds up and would be quite expensive. Then I thought of doing a smaller section with the paving stones and putting things like the turtle sand box and crab sand box with items like cars or something other than sand in them.
yeah it does seem like no matter what there is not a cheap option'
Tags:grass, lawn care
Reply Up