Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have A New Roof Put On??
Unregistered 10:07 AM 04-22-2013
We are going to be having a new roof installed on our home next month. It is a total tear off. Yikes! Expensive!
My questions is for those of you that have had a new roof put on your home. How loud was it??? Did you have dc there during that day or close??

Not sure what to do. Hate to take a day off unless I really need to!
Any advice on this?
itlw8 10:12 AM 04-22-2013
I worked... but the men weny to lunch at 12 so the kids were asleep when they came back and kept on sleeping... BUT you need to make sure they only throw the old roof off the side of the house no kids use because there will be nails no matter how careful. Plus they will clean up but go get one of those big magnet on a pole at the hardware store. it will find any nails in the grass, rocks, bushes they missed. and they will miss some.
GoodKarma 10:59 AM 04-22-2013
It was very loud, but we found a company that works Saturdays.
Childminder 11:41 AM 04-22-2013
We just had ours done and they were in and out in 5 hours. Completely. No noise problem as we spent the morning in the basement and they left before nap. The crew did such an awesome job picking up nails because of us being a daycare that we haven't found any yet.
TheGoodLife 12:13 PM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I worked... but the men weny to lunch at 12 so the kids were asleep when they came back and kept on sleeping... BUT you need to make sure they only throw the old roof off the side of the house no kids use because there will be nails no matter how careful. Plus they will clean up but go get one of those big magnet on a pole at the hardware store. it will find any nails in the grass, rocks, bushes they missed. and they will miss some.
That's a good point, we're getting a new roof soon due to hail damage and I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!!!
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 04-22-2013
Before doing any work on your home, check with licensing as some states do NOT allow construction, repairs or remodeling work to be done while children are present.
Tags:home improvements, roof
Reply Up