Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deposits and rate increase question
MCC 05:33 AM 08-05-2014
Good Morning!

I'm extending my hours to accommodate a new family, and have several currently enrolled families interested in the hour extension. I'm going from 8:15-5:15, to 7:30-6:00, I raised my rates $20/week to accommodate staffing needs. I'm still $60-$100 under what the centers are charging, but they are open until 7:30.

Anyway- All currently enrolled families have a 2 week deposit on file, which becomes their last two weeks payment. Since their deposit will be $40 short now, do I have them adjust that now, or note their account and have them settle up when they leave?
Second Home 05:40 AM 08-05-2014
I personally would ask for the $$ to adjust the amount now . That way you do not have to worry about getting the extra $$ at the end , which may be difficult depending why they are leaving .
Blackcat31 05:55 AM 08-05-2014
Why not give them a couple options? A lot of people live by a pretty strict or tight budget so adding in the additional cost might not work all at once for some.

You could give them the choice of paying the full missing amount on next pay date or split it into the next 2 or 4 pay dates or whatever works for you.

You know your parents and what they would be most receptive to...kwim?
MCC 07:43 AM 08-05-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Why not give them a couple options? A lot of people live by a pretty strict or tight budget so adding in the additional cost might not work all at once for some.

You could give them the choice of paying the full missing amount on next pay date or split it into the next 2 or 4 pay dates or whatever works for you.

You know your parents and what they would be most receptive to...kwim?
That's a good idea. That's pretty much how I came up with the new rate, I surveyed the parents and asked if they were interested in longer hours, and what they would be willing/able to pay for them.
Reply Up