Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Vacation Notice

I had a new family join in September and notified them then of my February vacation plans. I reminded via e-mail in December, sent an e-mail & text reminder in January to which DCP's said, "sounds like fun!" I even moved my Valentine party to Wednesday of this week because I will not be here for Valentines day. I have suitcases all over my dining room since I'm leaving on Sunday. DCP picks up yesterday, I give a verbal reminder that I will not be here next week due to my vacation in Aruba She gives me the blank stare

She's the non-social pick up/drop off parent, which I honestly don't mind... but apparently she'll be searching for daycare last minute due to poor planning. I will NOT cancel my trip to watch your peanut, no matter how cute she is. SHM
Old 02-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

WOW! I had my parents sign that they received my closing schedule this year. I photocopied a bunch of their signed forms, and am sending home that form the month before any closings now. I was SICK of "I didn't know!"
Old 02-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I give my schedule out in August for the following year. I remind them each month of any closures. I also remind them in person the week prior but twice now I've been on vacation and gotten a call Monday morning of vacation. Once I was standing in the middle of the roubidoux river in Pulaski county Missouri after having zip lines through the amazing forest and dropping into the river into a floating pier. The other I was in line for the Diamond back at Kings Island.

Same mom. Both times. A year a part.
She's like " so you won't be here at all today then?"
Ummm nope. Lol
Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
I give my schedule out in August for the following year. I remind them each month of any closures. I also remind them in person the week prior but twice now I've been on vacation and gotten a call Monday morning of vacation. Once I was standing in the middle of the roubidoux river in Pulaski county Missouri after having zip lines through the amazing forest and dropping into the river into a floating pier. The other I was in line for the Diamond back at Kings Island.

Same mom. Both times. A year a part.
She's like " so you won't be here at all today then?"
Ummm nope. Lol
Down right unacceptable. She should never had called you on vacation!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

KDC, hope you're having an amazing time in Aruba!!

I haven't had one yet show up or call on a vaca day, but I don't take many. I print schedules, post it on my door, send text reminders often, and make sure to double check at the door. All the effort I put into it, I would be furious if a parent was dumb enough to pretend they didn't know!!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

This year I am giving out my days off in 3 month blocks , I hoped that it would be easier for dcp to remember and not loose the papers .

Well I have 1 scheduled day off for the first 3 month block , it is tomorrow . I had 2 dcp forget . Both would have been here on Friday had I not reminded them when this weeks payment was wrong .
Old 02-12-2015, 12:21 PM

This is when I absolutely LOVE having a separate home for my child care.

I don't remind or post notices. I do give out a yearly calendar with dates of closures on it but if they don't follow it, keep it or post it, it's their issue not mine.

They can show up. I won't be here.

Tags
notice of vacation, vacation, vacation notice