Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Raising Rates
daycare123 07:47 AM 09-04-2012
I know this has been posted here before. But i am looking to raise rates for my daycare familys that have been here over a year. Right now i charge 100 a week for full time. I am priced way below others and with the rising cost of everything I see that is necessary. I would like to raise them to 110 a week. Does this seem unreasonable? I am legally unlicensed therefore i pay everything out of pocket. I would like to raise them October 1st. Is that enough time to give parents? Thanks!!
GoodKarma 07:50 AM 09-04-2012
I think the rate and timeframe are both reasonable.
Blackcat31 07:52 AM 09-04-2012
I raised my rates this year by $25 per week or $5 per day. I haven't raised them in 5 years so it was due time.

I gave my parents notice of the rate increase on August 1st, so they had time to give me their two-week notice if they weren't happy with the rate increase and wanted to go elsewhere.

I think you are giving plenty of notice as well as not raising your rates by too much so I don't think you will have many complaints or are at all unreasonable.

What is the going rate where you are at? Are you comparable? I usually try to stay with whatever the state assistance program pays out for child care. I print the rate sheet off and give it to parents so they can see what the area's average is and can see I am competitive as well as fair.

Regardless of whether you are licensed or not ALL providers pay for everything out of pocket and are entitled to claim expenses at the end of the year.
daycare123 08:51 AM 09-04-2012
The average in my area is 120-150 for family childcare. So i am quite a bit under according to the childcare resourse and referral page.
Reply Up