Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crud. I Just Had To Send Everyone Home
CedarCreek 01:07 PM 04-05-2013
Oh Friday, you were supposed to be nice to me.

A pipe burst in my bedroom a half hour into nap time. Flooded my bedroom and half of my living room. We had to shut the water off and I had to send all of the dcks home.

Not a good way to start my birthday weekend
GoodKarma 01:10 PM 04-05-2013
That's terrible! I'm so sorry you had such a bad Friday
Hope it doesn't ruin your whole weekend and that you can have a Happy Birthday!
ABCDaycareMN 01:12 PM 04-05-2013
Oh NO! I hope you can get it fixed in a timely manner and not too expensive!
AmyKidsCo 01:16 PM 04-05-2013
Oh no!!! I hope it's not too expensive... but remember that you can write off part of whatever repairs/cleaning you have to pay for.
CedarCreek 01:28 PM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Oh no!!! I hope it's not too expensive... but remember that you can write off part of whatever repairs/cleaning you have to pay for.
Didn't know that! Sweet.

The good news is that I looked and can see where the pipe broke and dh says its an easy fix so he's at the hardware store. Now to wash all of the blankets and towels we used to soak up water..my huge rug is hanging outside to dry.

Thank goodness we don't have carpet!
Lyss 01:42 PM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Didn't know that! Sweet.

The good news is that I looked and can see where the pipe broke and dh says its an easy fix so he's at the hardware store. Now to wash all of the blankets and towels we used to soak up water..my huge rug is hanging outside to dry.

Thank goodness we don't have carpet!
Yikes!! At least your DH is handy and can do it!! Thing of all the plumber fees that saves!

Hopefully your DH will get it fixed and cleaned so you can enjoy your birthday weekend!
WImom 05:05 AM 04-06-2013
Yikes!! No fun. Glad your DH could fix it!
e.j. 02:36 PM 04-06-2013
Hopefully, everything is under control now and you're able to enjoy your weekend. Happy Birthday!
Reply Up