Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Love these types of messages
Nisaryn 02:46 PM 08-12-2015
I just opened up a new infant spot in my daycare (those who have read my other posts know why) and I received an overwhelming response, literally 8 emails in the space of an hour after posting my ad!

I just love the ones like this though!

"Hi, I would like to make an appointment to tour around day care. Is it possible if I can come today Aug 12 @ around 6:30 pm. Please reply asap. Thank you!"

She is lucky that the DCKs actually decided to all take a nap roughly around the same time or I wouldn't have even seen this message till right at 6:30pm when kids start to leave

And I'm sorry, but when people end their message with "Please reply asap" thing has ALWAYS gotten on my nerves. Anyone else ever feel that way? I let her know that it was too short notice. I mean, I got two kids of my own and dinner to make and what-not, but that I would be very happy to arrange an interview time next week. I have a feeling this one won't be getting back to me.
Nisaryn 03:09 PM 08-12-2015
She emailed back!

"Hello, sorry I thought you were actual day care center and could be open later. I don't want a stranger looking after my child. Thank you, good bye."

Heidi 03:14 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
She emailed back!

"Hello, sorry I thought you were actual day care center and could be open later. I don't want a stranger looking after my child. Thank you, good bye."

"well, I am an actual daycare center, licensed by the state and compliant with regulations such as background checks and education. I just happen to run the center from my nice warm cozy home! But, it sounds like you're looking for something different. All the best..."

bwahahaha.....
Thriftylady 03:23 PM 08-12-2015
I agree with Heidi, but it sounds to me like you don't want her anyway. People who are this demanding even before you meet them typically don't get any easier to deal with.
MyAngels 03:53 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
She emailed back!

Totally made me . Because as we all know, the employees in centers aren't "strangers" at all.
racemom 04:24 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Totally made me . Because as we all know, the employees in centers aren't "strangers" at all.
My thoughts exactly! I work in a center, and have always been a stranger to the parents when they started! Hope these parents can find a daycare center where a stranger won't be watching their child! Lol
DaisyMamma 04:51 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by MyAngels:

littletots 09:35 AM 08-13-2015
Glad she showed her "cards" now. You dodged that one.
hope 09:49 AM 08-13-2015
I guess all her friends and family members work in daycare centers because a stranger wouldn't be watching her child at one????
Reply Up