Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Spin Off Of The "Kids And TV".. Do You Use Movie Quotes?
youretooloud 07:58 AM 03-25-2011
I was saying how one of my kids would quote Yoda on a daily basis...

I always say "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!" (to which I get a confused look from the kids because they've never seen League of their own)

Do you say things you heard in a movie?
SilverSabre25 08:00 AM 03-25-2011
I half-quote a line from The Princess Bride...the part where the grandfather says to the boy, "Yes, you're very smart. Now shut up."

Except I only say "Yes, you're very smart," out loud...the rest gets said in my head. Generally when someone is telling me something for the 1000th time something like that.
Zoe 08:25 AM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I was saying how one of my kids would quote Yoda on a daily basis...

I always say "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!" (to which I get a confused look from the kids because they've never seen League of their own)

Do you say things you heard in a movie?
My best friend and her husband say that ALL THE TIME! The four of us are movie people, so yes, there are frequent quotes being used. I think it's fun to "confuse the kids" in a loving way sometimes. Makes my job more fun!

I'll take a little one in my arms and say "I shall call her squishy and she shall be mine. And she shall be my squishy." Makes them giggle.
DBug 08:32 AM 03-25-2011
The Princess Bride is great for quotes! We go to the bus stop every morning and I taught the toddlers to say "Bye Bye Boys! Have fun storming the castle!" as the SAs get on the bus

Of course, it usually ends up being more like "Bye guys, have fun AT the castle!"
laundrymom 09:15 AM 03-25-2011
lol, I thought we were the only silly family who played the quote game,..lol. We say a line, then someone has to guess what movie,.. it has gotten complicated to win over the years. lol
MissAnn 09:32 AM 03-28-2011
I've been trying to get the kids to start using the word groovy. I've even had parents use the word. I also replace a word or two in books I read to the kids with the word groovy. One kid asked me what it means and I told her it's cooler than cool. I've only heard one kid use the word in a natural kind of way. It's fun playing with their heads, isn't it?
Kaddidle Care 09:40 AM 03-28-2011
Oh yes - for the bathroom dawdlers - "Let's not wait for the grass to grow!"
Stan Shunpike, Harry Potter's Prisoner of Azkaban.
Tags:games, games - movie quotes
Reply Up