Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With My Playroom Layout
JaydensMommy 03:15 PM 08-07-2011
I need help figuring out where to place everything in my playroom. This is my living room which is used entirely for the daycare and I also have an attached office which I use just for taking naps. I had everything against the walls and just the colored tables in the middle. I would like to have different areas now but I'm having a hard time. I think it may be because I don't have any corners at all in the room. I would appreciate any suggestions.
JaydensMommy 03:18 PM 08-07-2011
Here are the pictures.
Attached: DSCN2540.jpg (79.4 KB) DSCN2541.jpg (84.3 KB) DSCN2542.jpg (86.7 KB) 
Crazy8 04:33 PM 08-07-2011
ahhh... that's the million dollar question, isn't it??? I have been working on my room for 2 weeks and still not happy with the layout - nothing I try seems to work!

I like your layout - looks like you have a few little sections in there and I like the tables in the middle. I don't know what I'd do differently. Are there any types of areas you want that you don't have right now???
JaydensMommy 04:53 PM 08-07-2011
I know, I keep moving everything around and am just not happy with it. I like the areas, I just don't like the way it looks. I can't find a good place for that train table, maybe I should just take it out? But the kids do play with it.
Crazy8 05:40 PM 08-07-2011
your kitchen and workbench are kind of low - can you put them in front of the windows? Then put the train table coming out from the wall (short side against wall) where the kitchen was? maybe move the bookcase/toy bins with the table??

I feel your pain - I posted a pic of my room last week after I painted and put all the furniture in. I need room for one more section and have half the space on one wall, half on another wall - can't figure out how to get all the space I need in one spot, LOL!!!
cheerfuldom 07:52 PM 08-07-2011
Can you put some storage up on the wall and make some more space that way?
PitterPatter 10:39 PM 08-07-2011
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
Here are the pictures.
Not sure how to help with ideas just wanted to say that I love your room! It's beautiful and spacious!! Green with envy here lol
morgan24 04:06 AM 08-08-2011
I like the lay out of your room too. I move things around every couple of months. It makes it seem like I have new toys. Have you ever tried the table under the window? I turn my kitchen and put a shelve behind it to make two separate play areas. I would love to have a train table so I would keep it and like someone else suggested put the short side coming out from the wall.
JaydensMommy 07:34 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
Not sure how to help with ideas just wanted to say that I love your room! It's beautiful and spacious!! Green with envy here lol
Thank you!
JaydensMommy 07:36 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by morgan24:
I like the lay out of your room too. I move things around every couple of months. It makes it seem like I have new toys. Have you ever tried the table under the window? I turn my kitchen and put a shelve behind it to make two separate play areas. I would love to have a train table so I would keep it and like someone else suggested put the short side coming out from the wall.
I did end up moving the train table back to under the window, which is where I originally had it. I feel like if I put the short side coming out of the wall it seems to stick out too much and take up so much space. So, I have kind of went back to putting most of the things against the wall... it makes it seem much bigger and not as cluttered.. thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Tags:playroom layout
Reply Up