Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT- Beyond DONE with today
Brooksie 04:43 PM 04-17-2013
I am just so over this day! My daughter is battling a horrible virus and has been miserable all day. Coughing, congestion, runny nose, bodyaches, headaches, watery eyes, The works. I've seen the worse tantrums ever from her ALL DAY LONG. On top of that my ex reamed me out and threatened to take me to court for child support and custody AGAIN (he's delusional and will go down in flames) just because I asked if he could take her tomorrow because she is so sick and is very hard to manage with the other kids. So I was in tears a good part of the morning. I had a drs appointment today and my mom/sub watched the kids and when I came back someone had bonked his chin and put tooth through his lip (first accident we've had in months, but luckily mom was not upset, totally accident). Of course the night ended in more tantrums and she sealed it off with a kicking screaming knock down drag out fight to try to get her just to lay down. HEAVEN FORBID I PUT THE VICKS ON. Oh, and did I mention I'm sick too?!?! I'm so exhausted.. I don't care if this wine doesn't count as medicine because it is working wonders right now. And of course, despite my warnings of illness, I still have a full day tomorrow. Here's to the day from you know where.
Mom&Provider 05:17 PM 04-17-2013
That sucks. Sorry your daughter is sooo sick...I'm ready for this cold/flu season to end. Maybe wait until she is sleeping the apply some Vicks to her feet? I find putting it on the bottom of my kids feet always does wonders for them!

Get well soon...I have no comment on the ex, my hubby also has one of those, I don't like to talk about it.
AmyKidsCo 06:31 PM 04-17-2013

I hope tomorrow is better for you.
Brooksie 04:46 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Mom&Provider:
That sucks. Sorry your daughter is sooo sick...I'm ready for this cold/flu season to end. Maybe wait until she is sleeping the apply some Vicks to her feet? I find putting it on the bottom of my kids feet always does wonders for them!

Get well soon...I have no comment on the ex, my hubby also has one of those, I don't like to talk about it.
Vicks on her feet? hmm never heard of that. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip
momofsix 05:43 AM 04-18-2013
What a tough day you had. I hope today is much better!
Cradle2crayons 05:58 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Vicks on her feet? hmm never heard of that. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip
Vicks on the feet, then put on socks..... Wonderful for cough!!!!!!

And I hope your week is going better... And I know how you feel... After RSV here two weeks ago...l I still have 6 kids on meds but on the mend.. 2 of those were my own kids... It sucks...
Mom&Provider 06:21 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Ya!! I forgot to mention the sock part as Cradle2crayons mentioned, sorry! But ya...I even use it on myself, works really well for all of us in this household!

Hope today goes better for you! Its almost Friday!!
craftymissbeth 06:27 AM 04-18-2013
I can vouch for the Vicks and socks method for coughing. It worked great for ds and myself last time we were sick.
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 04-18-2013
I'm sorry you had such a rough day.

Hoping your day is better today!

Also sending get well wishes for your DD.
Reply Up