Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Was Left 6 Kids Over Ratio, Should I Report It?
Notsignedinforprivacy 05:15 PM 08-14-2013
My center left me 6 kids over ratio a few weeks ago. I let them know and they got angry with me and I was let go. I have worked there for a year and have never been fired before. Now I am not sure what to do, if anything. I was over ratio again a week later, and again they knew. Is there anything I should do, or just look for a new job and forget about it. I really do feel that I was let go because I asked them why I was not sent help when I was so far out of ratio.
daycare 05:18 PM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Notsignedinforprivacy:
My center left me 6 kids over ratio a few weeks ago. I let them know and they got angry with me and I was let go. I have worked there for a year and have never been fired before. Now I am not sure what to do, if anything. I was over ratio again a week later, and again they knew. Is there anything I should do, or just look for a new job and forget about it. I really do feel that I was let go because I asked them why I was not sent help when I was so far out of ratio.
me personally would report it, but I would not want to go back to a job that was ok with breaking the law. Especially trying to involve me in it......
racemom 05:39 PM 08-14-2013
Yes! I would report it for the safety of the children. It may seem like retaliation for being fired, but if you do it for the kids its not! If something happens to one of the kids and you were aware of the situation how will you feel about not reporting it? Hope that doesn't sound harsh, it's just something to think about.
Unregistered 05:41 PM 08-14-2013
Who should I report it to? I tried to google but nothing helpful came up.
racemom 06:40 PM 08-14-2013
Each state is probably different, but here it is through the department of health and human services. Did you try googling (your state name) child care licensing? If there is a main state phone number they could direct you.
Laurel 06:40 PM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Who should I report it to? I tried to google but nothing helpful came up.
I would think whoever does the licensing or comes to do inspections.

Laurel
daycare 07:03 PM 08-14-2013
Your county or state licensing. What state are you in?
Reply Up