Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SA Kid And Trouble With Parent.....HELP PLZ
LaLa1923 04:19 PM 11-05-2013
I have a little girl for before and after school care and it's a PITA!!

She goes to a home out of the district, away from here. On average it's 30 minutes at a minimum to get there and back.

I've really been hating it! I have to load and unload my kids every day. I have 6 that have to be put in their car
seats. However, I made a commitment and I didn't think it would be that bad.

Fast forward to last Saturday, Mom emails me and says that the backup care she used for last week works out better for her and she wanted to terminate care. I said no problem, but I require notice. She said ok, well she can finish out the next few weeks then. I've been super excited that I will no longer have a school run every day!! It stinks loosing the money, but it would lower my stress by a LOT!! BTW I spend a minimum of $85 every 10 days for my 12 passenger van.

Today, mom says her sitter fell through can DCG stay?? I hesitated.....but said YES! I didn't actually realize what she was saying, as it was quite hectic at pick-up.

I like DCG and her mom, but I found out something today that's really been making me stew....

DCM made it sound like her backup sitter just ended up working out better for her since she can come to her home. Not a problem, to each their own.

HOWEVER, I was emailed her CARE.com ad!! She is looking for someone to come to her home for a few hours in the morning and evenings all for less than $600 a month. SHE LIED! It just expired yesterday and was renewed today. I'm just mad that she didn't say she was looking!

I want to term and be done with it.

WWYD? HELP ME! Advice please!

I don't have anyone to take her spot but I really don't care for now...
craftymissbeth 04:22 PM 11-05-2013
You could just tell her that you answered her question without thinking about it since it was so hectic but after thinking about it some more you won't be able to accommodate her needs. You don't have to give a reason IMO.
tjones34 04:26 PM 11-05-2013
Me personally, I would write her a letter or let her know after some careful consideration you will not be able to continue care for her. Let her stay for the duration of her notice and then be done. It sucks to be lied to about something so simple. I always say if you lie about the small things then I can just imagine what they would if it were a big thing. Good luck. Hope it works out.
sharlan 04:37 PM 11-05-2013
I would just let her know that it's not working out with the younger children. It's too disruptive and you will no longer be able to provide transportation.

After last year, I am no longer providing any after school care for school age kids (other than my 3 grandkids).
hope 04:44 PM 11-05-2013
You can reply to her care.com ad! Just kidding. You really don't owe her an explanation. Just say you can no longer provide care and apologize for responding with out thinking it over at first
Leigh 04:46 PM 11-05-2013
I would e-mail Mom her 2 week termination notice telling her that you just don't feel that the relationship is mutually beneficial, and that since trust is an issue, you just can't continue care. Include a link to her ad.
Laurel 06:38 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
You could just tell her that you answered her question without thinking about it since it was so hectic but after thinking about it some more you won't be able to accommodate her needs. You don't have to give a reason IMO.

TwinKristi 08:07 PM 11-05-2013
Ugh, I agree, just say you just can't accommodate her needs anymore. Sorry!

I will never do SA pick up at anywhere other than our neighborhood school where my kids go. I had to drive 11 mi a day with 3 Infants and more kids at times to get him and I was making peanuts to boot because it was a good friend and temporary until her not so dh left and she had to get a FT job. Ugh! May couldn't come soon enough!! Every single day, packing up and driving over... Then the rain and tired babies... It was awful. I hated it. Now the only SA kids I watch are able to come home with my kids.
Play Care 03:20 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
This. I wouldn't tell her about trust, or hand her a copy of the ad, though I'd be tempted. The bottom line is that people are always out for themselves and what works for them - and once you realize that you will be less likely to take their decisions personally. I think by simply telling her NO, you are sending the message loud and clear - and by behaving in a professional manner you give her less ammunition. Good Luck!
Familycare71 05:36 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by hope:
You can reply to her care.com ad! Just kidding. You really don't owe her an explanation. Just say you can no longer provide care and apologize for responding with out thinking it over at first

I agree- just give her notice!
countrymom 06:18 AM 11-06-2013
there is no way I would dragging that many kids for drop off and pick up. And I also own a passenger gas guzzling van (I do love it thou) and I understand how much gas it takes. But really she can find some else to deal with her kid.
Great Beginnings 06:40 AM 11-06-2013
I would tell her that you were looking forward to winter coming and not having to transport so far daily and after seeing her ad and that she is looking for care still you would prefer to just keep her termination as previously agreed on so that you are not caught off guard again in the future.
LaLa1923 06:09 PM 11-09-2013
So I am thinking about emailing her this weekend and letting her know that effective immediately, I will not be able to provide transportation for her daughter to and from school.

The problem I am now having is that my son starts preschool on Monday and I will not be able to go to both schools.

She was supposed to be interviewing someone today to come to her home. I really hope it worked out!

What do you guys think?
KidGrind 03:39 AM 11-10-2013
I think you should do what is BEST FOR YOU.

I think you should keep the termination as is and finish it out of you can. If you are truly unable to finish it out, then immediate termination is your option and have her refund ready for pick up.
LaLa1923 07:52 AM 11-10-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I think you should do what is BEST FOR YOU.

I think you should keep the termination as is and finish it out of you can. If you are truly unable to finish it out, then immediate termination is your option and have her refund ready for pick up.
I don't owe her any money thank goodness. I did not accept any payment on Friday, expecting this girl she interviewed to work out.
KidGrind 08:51 AM 11-10-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I don't owe her any money thank goodness. I did not accept any payment on Friday, expecting this girl she interviewed to work out.
You are more than golden then!
Tags:parent - lie, terminate - no trust
Reply Up