Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Plastic Pants Over Underwear
Unregistered 09:47 PM 10-10-2014
When do you consider a child ready to wear them? What are your expirences with plastic pants?

I ask this question because I am having an issue with a DCM who is threatening to find a differt daycare if I don't let her son wear plastic paints over underwear. He is 2 and wears pull ups at daycare he only goes potty when I put him on the potty, he never tells me when he needs to go. He is not potty trained and I don't want my carpet pee'd on!
Meyou 01:15 AM 10-11-2014
I would call her bluff and tell her your terms for termination. I don't allow plastic pants over undies. I allow potty trained children who can tell me they need to go wear underwear when I say they are ready. Mom can do whatever she wants at home.
Cradle2crayons 01:20 AM 10-11-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I would call her bluff and tell her your terms for termination. I don't allow plastic pants over undies. I allow potty trained children who can tell me they need to go wear underwear when I say they are ready. Mom can do whatever she wants at home.
this exactly. Let mom find a daycare who WILL let their carpets peed on.

I don't allow underwear until a child can not only TELL me BEFORE they have to pee AND has remained dry in a diaper for 2 weeks.

I don't do pull-ups either. This is MY daycare. MY business. MY home. MY rules.
Second Home 05:11 AM 10-11-2014
I don't allow plastic pants over undies . Either they are trained and can verbally tellme they need to go potty or they wear pull ups .
Unregistered 06:22 AM 10-11-2014
could you compromise and put underwear under the pullups? That way kiddo feels the wetness from the underwear, but your floor is protected if there is an accident?
Unregistered 08:21 AM 10-11-2014
He uses pampers brand pull-up and they are tight underwear won't fit unde them. Mom doesn't want to buy pull-ups she says it's not fair and he won't learn in pull-ups
Cradle2crayons 09:25 AM 10-11-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
He uses pampers brand pull-up and they are tight underwear won't fit unde them. Mom doesn't want to buy pull-ups she says it's not fair and he won't learn in pull-ups
I don't allow pull-ups at all. Only diapers.

I'd go over my policy with mom and tell her to save money and buy diapers because until the child knows he has to potty, pull ps are a waste of money.

Maybe mom should work with her child on how to verbalize his need to go if he's developmentally able.

How long does the child go dry? Are they dry after nap? Are they dry for at least a few hours here and there? If not, the child may not be ready.

And fwiw, I've never had a child NOT get potty trained while wearing diapers. It's simple. If they aren't ready they just aren't.
Unregistered 11:30 AM 10-12-2014
He stays dry for a an hour or two. He does not always wake up dry from nap. If I ask him if he is wet he says no but often is wet. If I say do you need to go he always says no.
Thriftylady 11:59 AM 10-12-2014
Doesn't sound to me like he is even ready. I wouldn't let this mom threaten you. If she really wants to leave over it, good riddance I guess. But I also wouldn't take her back in a couple of weeks when she asks.
hope 01:04 PM 10-12-2014
Nobody wants to be bagging wet underwear. Let her leave. Tell her to ask around for a place that will accommodate her request first. She will stay.
Blackcat31 08:21 AM 10-13-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

Fair is where you go to get cotton candy!

Seriously, if she thinks it isn't fair then would she be willing to pay for you to have your carpets/floors professionally cleaned and sanitized every.time her child pees on them?

I agree with the others, he is not ready to train. If mom threatened to pull her child, I would call her bluff. If she leaves, then more power to her.....Her child can pee on someone else's floor.

Threatening to withdraw from care because you don't get your way is ridiculously immature and something I would NEVER entertain from a parent.

MY business, MY home, MY floors. Parents most definitely have a right to train their child in any way they see fit but not at MY expense.
Leigh 11:27 AM 10-13-2014
I'll allow plastic pants over underwear AFTER the child is going on his own, telling me he has to go, and able to stay dry until he gets to the toilet. Before that, it's time for a diaper.
Tags:plastic pants
Reply Up