Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do PPL Always Test Your Policies After Holidays?
allsmiles 09:14 AM 03-19-2013
this is my second major holiday and im seeing a pattern..
After Winter break, i had to sit down with a few families and set things in order NOW after spring break more familes trying to get over AGAIN..sheeesh

okay i have a church friend that took over caring for her young 5 mnth old cousin, the mom was a young teenage mom that just needed help. SOO i agreed to take the infant and accept payment when mom got paid.. I told her what my policy was..payment before care and she told me her plight, i agreed she could pay when she got paid which was after TWO WEEKS of care.. i know, i know.. but i REALLY trusted this family and admired their helping a family member even though she has 3 kids of her own.

SOOOO all has been well for MONTHS..always pay on her payday. no issues.. she told me the infant would not attend last week for Spring Break. I informed church friend that Spring Break counted as one of their two free vacay weeks HOWEVER full payment should STILL be made so they are now only one week late and one week in advance.
Do you know she went back and forth with me on text denying the right i have to charge her for the week when she has been paying after care and she should only pay for the one week he attended and pay the next two weeks when she gets paid again..

i was soooo ready to just give up and say..who cares but her PERSISTENCE to stick to something that was obviously unfair to me when i had been so considerate to her made me MAADDDDD..
i told her I gave her the policies from day one requiring payment before care.. that my consideration given to her due to her circmustances was in no way to be seen as a modified pay schedule..that every effort I can make to receive payment on time WILL be made SUCH AS in this instance. I cannot accept a lesser payment simply to allow her to remain two weeks BEHIND!!
I told her i understand if she cannot accept this arrangement and wishes to discontinue care. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
waiting her response..
all this after the late fee guy yesterday..ughhhh im not gonna like holiday aftermath i see...
allsmiles 09:33 AM 03-19-2013
and FYI..ALL my parents pay before care..I try real hard not to do special for ppl due to all the wisdome of this board.. i just dont get WHY IN THE HECK do you think you should REQUIRE preference..thats for me to allow or disallow.. smh.. i am flabbergasted at ppl.
e.j. 01:58 PM 03-19-2013
Unfortunately, the adage "when you give an inch, they take a mile" holds true for child care providers. When you allow a family to do something different from what your policies state, it doesn't take long before they forget that you're doing it as a favor to help them. It becomes the norm for them and they expect it rather than appreciate it.

Hopefully she'll think before she responds to you.
allsmiles 02:43 PM 03-19-2013
still no response.. smh..

you are right ej
and i find it very sad that in MY case..my single, "low income" households are alot easier to abide by rules and appreciate what they get here in my daycare than the, two "great" income families.. this family just came from out of state for spring break at a lake house and you crying to me about $100 for a week he WILL be in care???

these ppl seem to spend all their good money on holiday and then comeback and dont want to pay bills so daycare is first on the list to skimp out on!!!
Reply Up