Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pray for my Back Bone!!
Lil'DinoEggs 05:22 AM 09-12-2013
I have an empty full time spot and it is killing me. My only lead is a dad I have had past experience with and, overall, he is a flake. We had a interview planned this evening and he Facebooked (which I hate!) me two hours late with an excuse. I pray for my back bone to stay strong. I need the money, but I foreshadow late pick ups, late payments, arguments of amounts........
LK5kids 05:25 AM 09-12-2013
It is hard to wait for a better fit when you need the$$$$$$! I am kind of in the same spot with one opening. I long for the days when their were too many calls for chid care. Good luck!
Lil'DinoEggs 05:52 AM 09-12-2013
Spin off: What do I say to him? I am ignoring him until tomorrow because I want an articulate response. I don't want to lie, I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I don't want to put myself down as a provider.
MotherNature 06:24 AM 09-12-2013
Just tell him, sorry, my time is valuable as well. Not rescheduling our appointment ahead of time & not even contacting me until 2 hours after is unacceptable & leads me to question what our working relationship would be like. When I set up interviews I don't just vacuum the floor and unlock the door. Sometimes I'll hire an assistant for the time (whether you do or not...adds guilt though so they can possibly understand) & then I have to pay someone else who didn't need to be there & I've lost both time & money.

Good luck~
Cat Herder 08:22 AM 09-12-2013
Spin off your reply with his excuse.....

"Sorry to hear about *****, that must have been really difficult. It sounds awful dealing with that while not having access to a phone for so long. I waited as long as I could but have decided to go another way. Thanks for thinking of me, though. Have an awesome day!!"

You don't have to tell him the other way is in the opposite direction of him.

***Never take a client because "you need the money". THAT will be a client who holds too much power over your life.

Instead put your energy into getting your name out there more. Volunteer to read children's books at your local library one Saturday a month...volunteer in the church nursery Wednesday nights.... anything... but don't cave to known issues.
momofboys 09:14 AM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Spin off your reply with his excuse.....

"Sorry to hear about *****, that must have been really difficult. It sounds awful dealing with that while not having access to a phone for so long. I waited as long as I could but have decided to go another way. Thanks for thinking of me, though. Have an awesome day!!"

You don't have to tell him the other way is in the opposite direction of him.

***Never take a client because "you need the money". THAT will be a client who holds too much power over your life.

Instead put your energy into getting your name out there more. Volunteer to read children's books at your local library one Saturday a month...volunteer in the church nursery Wednesday nights.... anything... but don't cave to known issues.

Tags:backbone, filling spots
Reply Up