Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Color Is Your Classroom And What Room Is It ?
EAP 12:01 PM 10-21-2013
Mine is currently a blue/green/gray "oyster bay" from SW and in the center of my home - my living room, but we are considering putting the classromm in our "formal living room" aka office, it is connected to our foyer- both rooms are seperate at the front of my house which would give my family back the bulk of our home. We are all kind of over having a daycare in the heart of our home. The possible new room is in need of a paint job anyway so I'm trying to decide if I should paint it a neutral gray that I can enjoy later or do something more "kid colored" for the classroom.

So what room/rooms do you use and what color are the walls?
CedarCreek 12:06 PM 10-21-2013
We use the formal living room/study, it is a golden yellow color. We also use the living room, it is brown. And one of our guest rooms, its a light blue color.

I agree, I get sick of using the living room and I wish we had a "mother in law" addition on the back of the house so it could be exclusively daycare.
melilley 12:08 PM 10-21-2013
I have our living room, in the front of the house as the main playroom. Parents enter there and we do spend the majority of our time in there, but have to use the rest of the house as well. I so wish I had a legal basement or separate part of the house!

My walls in the playroom are just white. But I hang art work and have a mural with the children's work on part of a wall, right now it's a paper tree with their hand prints as leaves and have suns that they made above the tree and apples that they made on the "ground". I also put up other things on the wall, but make sure I don't clutter them.
The rest of my walls in the house are different colors.

At first I regretted having white walls, but after I hung things up and displayed the children's work, I'm glad I did a neutral color.
Lavender 01:28 PM 10-21-2013
I work in a center. 2 walls are a pleasing muted green and the other 2 are a coordinating tan.
jenboo 01:41 PM 10-21-2013
My designated daycare room is my family room. It is located at the end of the house. Its one room with the kitchen, divided with a 12ft long baby gate. I painted the walls a light gray. I also turned one of our bedrooms into the nap room. Those rooms and the guest bathroom are the only rooms the daycare kids go in.

ETA: The kitchen and daycare room have a darkish blue/gray tile. I have rugs in the different center. Also, i have a sliding glass door that leads from the daycare room to the side patio/backyard. My parents enter down the side yard and straight into the daycare room.
jenn 02:09 PM 10-21-2013
My daycare room is our family room. It is deep off white/tan, a goldish tan, and burgundy. Gee, that sounds ugly, but I promise it's not! Two neutral colors with a burgundy trim. It was painted as our family room prior to becoming a daycare room.

My daughter's classroom is upstairs and it is a bright sky blue with tan trim. The floor is hardwood painted deep purple. Wow, our house sounds like a mess! This room was her bedroom, so the walls and trim were already painted, but now it is her classroom. The carpet was nasty, and the hardwood needed MAJOR work, so we painted it. She chose the purple. It works, because everything in there is bright and colorful.

I promise our house is not as weird as those 2 rooms sound!
LoraJenkins 02:20 PM 10-21-2013
In my main daycare area (which was my oldest daughter's bedroom), the colors are a soft green & a soft peachy tan. In my nap room (which was my youngest daughter's bedroom), the colors are mint green, pink & purple. In my preschool area (my dining area), the colors are a soft green & white. I have photos of my nap room and main daycare room in my albums. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having the majority of daycare items out of my living room and master bedroom! Now if only I didn't have to have preschool in my dining area.
Crazy8 02:47 PM 10-21-2013
my playroom is what would be the formal living room of our house - its the first room to the right when you walk in my front door. Its a green color - a little brighter than a sage green but not super kid bright either, LOL!
SilverSabre25 03:18 PM 10-21-2013
Rooms in use are: 4th bedroom on the lower level, entire family room on lower level, living room upstairs, and kitchen upstairs. And the downstairs bathroom.

4th bedroom is our nap room and it's blue, so is the bathroom. The family room is a golden yellow that I have decided is too dark, and the living room is white.
SSWonders 03:24 PM 10-21-2013
We have designated day care space in the basement. The main wall is wallpapered with giraffes hiding in a flora/fauna print. We have different colored walls to coordinate with the colors in the wallpaper (light colors) - pink, spring green, a bluish purple, and what I call macaroni and cheese, lol. It brightens it up so much down here and makes the winters much more bearable.
WImom 06:46 PM 10-21-2013
I have a separate space which used to be my dinning room/formal living room. It is a celery green color. it's actually the same as my family room and I liked it so much I painted it there too.
nanglgrl 07:10 PM 10-21-2013
Mines in my basement and a better question would be what color isn't it painted. We have a red wall, blue wall, yellow wall and sn orange wall. They're all separated by white walls. My basement isn't a perfect square or rectangle, the kids call it the rainbow room. If it were in my living space I'd keep it neutral or I'd go bonkers!
blandino 08:20 PM 10-21-2013
We have a very small amount of wall space, but what we have is painted light yellow. The room is very long, and thee walls are almost entirely windows and the other is brick.
itlw8 07:25 AM 10-22-2013
I do childcare in the basement most of it is off white. but the addition with lots of windows is sky blue with white puffy clouds and a tree. The kids love it. They say it is a happy room... The paint color or all the big windows?
butterfly 12:39 PM 10-22-2013
My entire basement is dedicated to daycare with it's own bathroom and kitchen. The space includes 2 bedrooms and a family room. I use the family room as a nap room for the larger kids. Infants sleep in one bedroom and the other bedroom is our classroom/playroom.

The playroom is painted with murals on all walls. The bedroom is kinda neon green/blue. All other walls are a shade of "white".
KDC 02:59 PM 10-22-2013
I made the mistake of making it bright kid friendly - at first it was cute, now it's somewhat of an eye sore. We're planning to repaint it soon a neutral color which is going to take some primer It's Toy story blue & green with orange accents. It's separate from the main living area, so it's not that bad.
Tags:daycare decor, decor, playroom layout
Reply Up