Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic...My Dog Got Attacked By A Pit Bull
originalkat 12:52 PM 10-31-2013
Last night I was at gymnastics with my daughters. My husband and our sweet mini schnauzer were chillin on the porch and a pit bull came out of nowhere and attacked him. He jumped onto my dog and sunk his teeth into his neck. My husband had to throat punch the pit bull and bury his knee into his spine for it to finally let go!! We called Animal Control and went to the 24 hr vet and he had 2 muscles severed, a deep wound that needed a drain inserted under the skin, and 10 stitches. The vet said he had lost so much blood that there was already tissue damage that she had to cut out to prevent infection.
So sad.
We finally got to bed at 1:30 am.

SSWonders 01:02 PM 10-31-2013
Oh no! Is your baby expected to be ok? It's so sad that people train pit bulls to be vicious. Not fair to the animal or to any it might attack. Was the pit bull captured?
Blackcat31 01:18 PM 10-31-2013
Oh wow! I hope your pup is ok....

Were you able to find the other dog? I hope so because you could possibly make the owner pay your vet bills and it would be a comfort to know the dog has current rabies vax so your dog doesn't have to go through quarantine.
Maria2013 07:19 PM 10-31-2013
so sorry for your dog
Childminder 08:08 PM 10-31-2013
Oh no! Poor pup!
Did the other dog get caught?
Familycare71 08:26 PM 10-31-2013
how incredibly scary!!! I hope your pup is going to be ok and that the other dog was caught!!!
MyAngels 08:40 PM 10-31-2013
Oh how awful I hope your pup will be okay
daycarediva 03:56 AM 11-01-2013
I really hope your doggy is going to be ok! This happened to my DD (fine now but has permanent muscle damage). Depending on your state, the owner is liable if you can find the dog. Look up the states with one bite laws, they allow one bite-no matter how severe- before the owner is liable.
originalkat 05:39 AM 11-01-2013
Thanks guys! He is doing better today. Still in a lot of pain, but I am just glad he made it through. Yes, my husband found the vehicle and saw the lady on the porch so the animal control officer said if they refuse to pay that he will issue a citation and make them pay the vet costs.
SSWonders 05:44 AM 11-01-2013
I'm glad your dog is going to be ok. Is there a leash law where you are? Any repercussions for the dog/owners other than having them pay for the damage? Is he up to date on shots? I know I have a lot of questions but I have several dogs and I'm curious about how the situation is handled.
countrymom 06:03 AM 11-01-2013
you can sue them too and I would too if she refuse to pay the vet bill. Take pics.
crazydaycarelady 07:02 AM 11-01-2013
I am a huge animal lover and advocate for animals but pit bulls can be scary. One attacked my scottie about 9 months ago. He had to spend the night at the vet and get the sleeve of skin that was sliding off his lower leg sewed back on. The owner did pay half.
momofsix 07:34 AM 11-01-2013
Oh no, so sorry! I hope your dog is ok
JenNJ 07:48 AM 11-01-2013
Poor baby!!! I hope it is a quick recovery!

I would make sure that the owner paid and report it so that if it happens again the dog and owners can be held responsible.
Tags:pit bull
Reply Up