Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic; Any Suggestions ?
kateskiddos 11:02 AM 11-04-2013
My husband and I will be expecting another little boy in the next few months, but we cannot agree on any names :/. We already have a son named Quinn . Does anyone have any good ones !?
Josiegirl 11:04 AM 11-04-2013
I like Cale, Cole, Jack, Caleb
Congratulations!
preschoolteacher 11:07 AM 11-04-2013
Here are some little guy names that I like:

Declan
Colton
Easton
Leo
Jonas
Bryson

As much as I like these names, I'll never use them because not only is our last name long and difficult, it is also very ethnic... as in, you would know exactly which country our ancestors were from if you heard it! We think that very traditional names like "John" go best with our last name. So I hope someone can use these creative names!

mamac 11:07 AM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by kateskiddos:
My husband and I will be expecting another little boy in the next few months, but we cannot agree on any names :/. We already have a son named Quinn . Does anyone have any good ones !?
The first name that popped into my head was Harley. Yeah. I'm no help. Unless you wanted to create a super villain with your two boys.
melilley 11:15 AM 11-04-2013
Brody is the best name ever... lol that's my son's name.

I also like:

Ryan
Jamison
Bentley
Jace
Zachary

Congratulations by the way!
daycarediva 11:21 AM 11-04-2013
I like traditional names.

Aaron
Brian
Daniel
Paul
Jack
John
Ryan

that sort of thing....

I have three Cohen's in my daycare right now and I LOVE that name, though.
melilley 11:34 AM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I like traditional names.

Aaron
Brian
Daniel
Paul
Jack
John
Ryan

that sort of thing....

I have three Cohen's in my daycare right now and I LOVE that name, though.
Wow, that's an unusual name, and to have three! All my dcks' end with on or an and 2 rhyme...lol
Lucy 11:54 AM 11-04-2013
If you like the Q's, I have a friend with a boy named Quade. Her other boy is Kaevin, pronounced Kay-Vin. She likes the more unusual names. Her girls are Avery and Irelin.
CedarCreek 11:59 AM 11-04-2013
I LOOOOVE naming babies!!!

Ryder
Tobias
Declan
Porter
Rowan
Owen
Dean

And my personal favorites:

Brance
Evan

Tdhmom 12:51 PM 11-04-2013
My son's names are Dylan and Tucker

I've always loved Quade and Fysher and Griffon (hubby didn't!)
jenboo 01:01 PM 11-04-2013
First name that popped into my head was Gavin
caregiver 01:04 PM 11-04-2013
I like Isaac. I have a grandson named Isaac.
Familycare71 01:16 PM 11-04-2013
I like:
Gavin
Torrin
Haden
Jackson
Jace
Elisha- Eli
Declin
Decon
Brody
Aidan

Most of the others suggested too!

Congrats on your son!!
Familycare71 01:17 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by kateskiddos:
You know you have to let us know what you choose ... Right!?
kateskiddos 02:30 PM 11-04-2013
I'm loving all of the names! And of course I will
Sunchimes 03:56 PM 11-04-2013
When I was in first grade, my best friends and I sat on the playground and planned our lives. It's funny how after more than 50 years I can still see us so clearly. I was going to have 3 kids, live on a farm, and marry the best man in the world. We even picked out our kid's names. Not sure how we thought we would convince our husbands to agree to the names. I did 2 of those 3--I just didn't have the kids. I did have 3 step-kids, but they were already named by the time I joined the family.

I have offered these names to lots of people over the years, but no one has ever it. I think it's a wonderful name, so I'll share it with you. Best boys name over-Mark Andrew. I won't be offended if you don't choose it.
Scout 05:33 PM 11-04-2013
If you chose Quinn for the Irish nature of it, I don't think you can go wrong with Jack. As a sode note, it is my son's name and I get lots of compliments on it. Good, strong name! I loved Quinn for a girl with our second bit, he was also a boy so he has a different name. I wanted Charlie for a girl and decided I liked it so much I would use it for a boy but, the. dh's cousin had a Charlie! We had to choose another one.
SunnyDay 06:48 PM 11-04-2013
Blake
cheerfuldom 07:00 PM 11-04-2013
The first name I thought of was Reece. A second thought would be Cade.
dbslas 07:07 PM 11-04-2013
Congratulations!

Some of my favorites:

Christian
Noah
Lukas
Jake
Jack
Charlie
Mark
Marcus
Michael
Michelle 07:11 PM 11-04-2013
I really like the name Eli
Childminder 07:36 PM 11-04-2013
Mitchell
Parker
Caleb
My three faves!
craftymissbeth 04:53 AM 11-05-2013
My son is Anthony (named after family) but my sisters go for more interesting names...

Grayson
Gannon
Kamryn
Granger
Knox
Fisher

If I'm ever blessed with another baby I love the name Ainsley.
Laurel 05:48 AM 11-05-2013
Julian
Alexander
Anthony (Tony)
Nicholas (Niko)
Simon
David Michael
Gino
Jax

I've never heard of Jace until today but I like it. I've never heard of Declan. How do you say that? Is it Dee clan or Deck lan or is it Duh clan?

Not all of the above are my favorites but are either relatives or just different from the above ones for some variety.

I had such a hard time picking out my 3rd son's name that I just gave up and let my husband do it. He named him Christopher Scott. I did help him with the middle name. (Scott was our neighbor's son, lol) My other son is Anthony (Tony) after my husband and his dad. Mine is Anthony III.

From the above my grandchildren are Simon, Gino, and Niko.

Laurel
CedarCreek 06:10 AM 11-05-2013
Declan is pronounced like deck-lan.

I love Simon, Laurel! That would be cute.
jenn 06:35 AM 11-05-2013
Our boy name was Jed. Instead, we got a beautiful girl, Kate.
Brooksie 07:13 AM 11-05-2013
Garrett
Beckett
Grayson
Kellen
Gage
Declan
Logan
Kaden
Levi
Holden
Dorian
Trystan
Silas
Gareth
Emery
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
My sister's youngest is Rhys but obviously spelled much differently. She didn't want to use Reece because she thought of Reece Witherspoon every time so she went with the traditional and more unique spelling. Personally I love the name.

It's nice to see so many saying Ryan as an option. I LOVE that name too but I named my daughter Ryan instead of my son so while it is common, it isn't so common that there are tons of female Ryan's in her class.

My DH is one of 5 boys. They all have traditional and VERY common names.

I am the oldest of 6. We all have unique but not so common names.

My goal when naming my kids was for it to be uncommon enough that they aren't always having to be attached to their last name initial (John B or John W) and yet not so strange and spelled funny that anyone would think I was illiterate.

Personally I think when people get super creative with spellings, it just looks stupid and the first thing I always think is "Well, they must not have made it beyond middle school English"

I also think parents want to be so unique and/or clever that they rarely think about the burden the child has to carry, forever sounding out their name, spelling it out, explaining why their parents named them, never being able to find anything personalized....etc...

I have a friend who is named Elizabeth Libby. She goes by Libby so we call her Libby Libby.....

Her parents had NO idea that Libby was a nickname for Elizabeth.
Moppetland 07:48 AM 11-05-2013
Conner

Quentin

Nathaniel

Mason

Tyler

Mitchell

Jacoby
Scout 08:54 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Reece is nice!
My3cents 12:05 PM 11-06-2013
Benson
Devrhett
Liam
Seth
Decklan
Aidan
Julian
Johnathan
Flynn
Tristan
Henry
Dalton
Laurel

I tend to go for the odd names and then they become the not so odd names-
melilley 12:10 PM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I have a friend who is named Elizabeth Libby. She goes by Libby so we call her Libby Libby.....

Her parents had NO idea that Libby was a nickname for Elizabeth.
My uncle's name is Jon Johns. Not Jonathan, just Jon. Why the heck my gp's would do that, I don't know..lol Oddly I don't know what his middle name is.
melilley 12:11 PM 11-06-2013
Rylan is another good one.
spinnymarie 05:06 PM 11-06-2013
Quinn and...
Liam
Ryder
Casey
Reece
Pierce
Graham
Willis
Connor
Xavier
Lyss 05:21 PM 11-06-2013
DH liked Marshall and Milo but alas we had a girl. I liked Jackson, Johnny, and Shane but I'm terrible at picking and sticking to names. With DD we didn't figure one out til we were at the hospital
Childminder 07:39 PM 11-06-2013
We had two neighbor boys, brothers, and their given names were Bobby and Kimmy.
Jack Sprat 11:13 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
Reece is nice!
Rhys is our DD's name!!! Its pronounced Reece. However, we choose the traditional Welsh way of spelling it. Her middle name is Sofia.

When I saw Quinn I thought of Seamus first thing.
Jack Sprat 11:15 AM 11-07-2013
Rory was my boy name pick. Rory Liam..all this baby naming is making want a baby..haha!
Blackcat31 11:18 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Lil Monkey:
Rhys is our DD's name!!! Its pronounced Reece. However, we choose the traditional Welsh way of spelling it. Her middle name is Sofia.

When I saw Quinn I thought of Seamus first thing.
My sisters youngest is Rhys (Post #28)

Everyone calls him Rice.
Jack Sprat 11:35 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My sisters youngest is Rhys (Post #28)

Everyone calls him Rice.
I saw that BC! Wasn't sure how to quote just part of you post! Yes, she is called Rice a lot! She is very vocal about pronouncing it the right way!
Patches 11:38 AM 11-07-2013
My son's names are Nathaniel Wyatt and Brody Ethan
I also like Tyler and Dylan
Scout 11:58 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Declan is pronounced like deck-lan.

I love Simon, Laurel! That would be cute.
I also think Simon is super cute!
missy 02:24 PM 11-07-2013
CONGRATS!!!!
I love the uncommon but not weird names...

Derrick
Nicholas (I actually don't know any Nicks these days!)
Devin
Maxwell
Mitchell
Sloan

There are a few names that are sooooo overused now its crazy, at least around here--Aidan, Connor, Noah, ....--basically the top 10 on most of the baby boy name lists are the ones I would avoid!
Mister Sir Husband 08:02 PM 11-07-2013
Honestly, my interest in this post quickly turned into my skimming down the lists to see if anyone suggested my name. *sniff* nope :-(
Leanna 08:06 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
Honestly, my interest in this post quickly turned into my skimming down the lists to see if anyone suggested my name. *sniff* nope :-(
Awwww....
Michael?
John?
Roger?
James?
Frank?
Gregory?
originalkat 08:10 PM 11-07-2013
My new nephew is named Abel. I think that is pretty cute and will grow with him well.
ihop 08:24 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by missy:
CONGRATS!!!!
I love the uncommon but not weird names...

Derrick
Nicholas (I actually don't know any Nicks these days!)
Devin
Maxwell
Mitchell
Sloan

There are a few names that are sooooo overused now its crazy, at least around here--Aidan, Connor, Noah, ....--basically the top 10 on most of the baby boy name lists are the ones I would avoid!

Funny, I had 7 Nicholas' in my middle school homeroom. All best friends. Still are. I personally love land on or Cole.
daycare 08:29 PM 11-07-2013
Oliver.
Lucas
Liam
Evan
Owen
Cory
Leanna 04:49 AM 11-08-2013
Originally Posted by ihop:
Funny, I had 7 Nicholas' in my middle school homeroom. All best friends. Still are. I personally love land on or Cole.
Lol...my nephew's name is Landon Cole.
MotherNature 05:40 AM 11-08-2013
Nameberry is really useful for this. Most of my names are either odd item names like Topaz or Galaxy. If you like Reece, I'd definitely do Rhys instead-looks better, imo. Congrats on the baby!
BlackBear 12:01 PM 11-09-2013
My favourite is Kenai

It means Black Bear.
Unregistered 07:32 PM 11-09-2013
Lucas is a great name!

I also like:
Grayson
Donovan
Dominic

and one I considered

Santino
Tags:baby names