Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At What Point Do You Give A Warning....
SJT43015 10:48 AM 12-11-2013
I have a dcg about to turn 3 in January. I started watching her in July and then her baby brother in September. The first month with her was fine. She was good about following rules and getting along with my 2 year old son.

Now, it's a different story. She is completely disrespectful, will not listen to any rules or absolutely anything I say, refuses to take naps or even lay quietly with a book. She screams at me when she gets put in time out. After time out, we talk about why she was in time out and why she can't do what she did. She says sorry and 5 minutes later is doing the same thing.

I know my son does his share, but she is always teasing him or just walking up and pushing him or taking toys from him.

I let the parents know when they pick the kids up each night what has happened and I try and include positive things along with the negative things. Nothing is changing and it's so stressful.

Do I give the parents a written warning? Should I keep a daily sheet to give them of everything that happens, both good and bad?
AcornMama 10:51 AM 12-11-2013
Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to reading the responses to your question. Looks like we're having the same kind of day. I posted a similar question.
cheerfuldom 11:53 AM 12-11-2013
I would have a meeting with the parents and outline, gently but firmly, the issues at hand and your plan of action for this behavior. you also put them on a probation period (make a deadline!) where you must see progress or you will have to let them go. Make sure you have specific goals you want reached and ways in which they can support those goals. If they have a bad attitude or excuses, have a term letter ready right then and tell them that you have done your best to put a plan of action into place but can see that they cannot support that and so, it is in the best interest of the child for them to find a daycare that is a better fit for her behaviors and here is your term notice.

no matter what happens after this meeting, the problem will be solved. either they term now or later after probation or they possibly cooperate at home and you see changes in behavior.

honestly, it is more rare that a parent of a young child cooperates with the provider so be ready to term.
Reply Up