Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vent: New Hours
midaycare 05:47 AM 11-05-2015
I changed my hours from 7 am - 6 pm to 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. It didn't affect anyone, I just made it official. I only wanted everyone to know that I would no longer be in the daycare waiting for them, since my 7:00 am-er left me last week. So if they are a few minutes early, they will have to wait.

Well, none of my 7:30 am-ers is ever early. In fact, they run 10-15 minutes late.

But this week, one of my 7:30 am-ers has been here at 7:20ish every day, and today called me to see if she could come in early. Um, no! I wouldn't have answered but I thought dcg must be sick, because I never get a phone call from dcm.

This particular dcm can work flex hours, and in the summer she likes to go in at 7:00 so she can get hone at 4:00. I can't wait for that discussion, because no way!!!
daycarediva 08:36 AM 11-05-2015
I was vacuuming my back deck and was tapped on the shoulder by a dcm. It was 6:40! I open at 7:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hair was in a towel! I promptly kicked them out. "Um, I don't open for almost an hour, you're going to have to come back then."

16yo said they were ringing the doorbell repeatedly until she opened it. I also deactivated my doorbell.
childcaremom 08:48 AM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I was vacuuming my back deck and was tapped on the shoulder by a dcm. It was 6:40! I open at 7:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hair was in a towel! I promptly kicked them out. "Um, I don't open for almost an hour, you're going to have to come back then."

16yo said they were ringing the doorbell repeatedly until she opened it. I also deactivated my doorbell.
An hour early! I would have been ticked and have a hard time not showing it.
KIDZRMYBIZ 08:55 AM 11-05-2015

That's a lot of nerve. Why in the world would they think they could drop off that early??

I myself am going to have to send out an e-mail letting DCFs know that I will not answer texts at 5:00 am, or any time before opening as far as that goes. I had a DCM text me at 4:55, and again at 6:47 demanding that I give her an answer on whether or not her puking baby can come to daycare. Common sense has flown the coop, ladies and gentleman!
daycarediva 10:22 AM 11-05-2015
"I thought you were open?"

contracted hours, people. CONTRACTED HOURS. It was a long time family, too.
midaycare 11:11 AM 11-05-2015

Reply Up