Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playdough
mamamanda 08:40 AM 03-16-2018
My toddlers LOVE it & this week they've been playing with it for an hour at a time every day! However, they keep getting it mashed into their clothes. Is there a way to preventthat? I've tried both having them keep it at the table & also having them sit on a mat on the floor.
storybookending 08:49 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
My toddlers LOVE it & this week they've been playing with it for an hour at a time every day! However, they keep getting it mashed into their clothes. Is there a way to preventthat? I've tried both having them keep it at the table & also having them sit on a mat on the floor.
Can you just put paint smocks on them?
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:59 AM 03-16-2018
If you don't have aprons, I cut up old t-shirt (adult size) to make aprons. They obviously aren't waterproof so they work great for play dough, and can be thrown in the washer.

mamamanda 09:08 AM 03-16-2018
Nice! Thank you!!
Josiegirl 09:54 AM 03-16-2018
While I love the modified t-shirt idea, I'm a lazy one and just use old t-shirts. Period.
HappyEverAfter 10:13 AM 03-16-2018
I got long sleeved vinyl smocks from Ikea for cheap, I want to say $5 or so. We use them for anything messy! When I was little I can remember my mom having armholes and a neckhole cut out of trash bags and us wearing those, although seems like that would be a choking hazard these days. I also have a friend whose mom had her wear a disposable rain poncho anytime they painted or crafted, etc.
storybookending 02:44 PM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
While I love the modified t-shirt idea, I'm a lazy one and just use old t-shirts. Period.
I also do this with my million shirts from when I was at the center. I put the IKEA style bibs on the smaller ones but the older kids are in my old T-shirt’s when the paint is out.
Tags:playdough, playdough - issues
Reply Up