Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing soon- new family starting in March
Unregistered 05:51 AM 02-04-2020
So I am thinking that I'll have to close within the next year, possibly in the next few months. My enrollment has been slowly declining to the point that I have 3 kids enrolled currently. I'm barely making it.

I have a new family starting early March and they have paid holding fees for February. How long should I wait to switch jobs so they don't feel crappy about all this? I don't want to have to refund and I don't want them to feel slighted.

My new endeavor is working for family so start time is flexible.
Unregistered 05:59 AM 02-04-2020
I'm wondering what I should do.
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 02-04-2020
You have a new family starting in March and they've paid to hold this space? When are you wanting to close?

I think if you close any time during the first 6-12 months of enrolling, they are going to feel slighted. Especially if it will be difficult for them to find other care options, which I am assuming is the case since they are paying to hold a spot with you.
rosieteddy 08:34 AM 02-04-2020
Why not start closing procedures now.Its only the 4th of Feb,it would be kind to give a heads up.Do you really want to end this career on a sour note? I even credited my families tuition when I had to stop after a heart attack.Tecnically I could have claimed unused sick or vacation time.It just felt like the right thing to do. It is hard giving tuition back but how long do you want to continue DC? I would let them know now giving them the option to not start care and find someone else.
Unregistered 09:36 AM 02-04-2020
It's not that I want to close, just that enrollment has been low the past 6-8 months and it's been awful trying to get someone in. I was hoping to close Jan of 2021 but with another one leaving this week, I may have to bump it up sooner.
rosieteddy 10:54 AM 02-04-2020
I totally get it.That is a huge disadvantage to Family child care.Enrollment can be so fickle. I would sit and figure a pro and con list for staying open and one for closing.Do what you think will work for you.You could get calls next week and you might not get any for awhile.If you have a job you want to take ,maybe give everyone two weeks notice and try it.Might be just what your looking for.
Cat Herder 11:17 AM 02-04-2020
Have you figured out why the calls are not coming? That would be my first project.
Unregistered 02:32 PM 02-04-2020
I get plenty of inquiries. Even do plenty of tours. Somehow they are not enrolling, even with a 50% registration and $20/week off tuition. I think it's cause i've had tons of negative 1 star reviews from parents retaliating cause they didn't get their way. 🤷*♀️
flying_babyb 05:36 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I get plenty of inquiries. Even do plenty of tours. Somehow they are not enrolling, even with a 50% registration and $20/week off tuition. I think it's cause i've had tons of negative 1 star reviews from parents retaliating cause they didn't get their way. 🤷*♀️
Well if you can get your current parents to leave good feedback that would be a start
Unregistered 08:29 PM 02-04-2020
I've tried to get them to write reviews, even sent direct links to do it.
Tags:enrollment
Reply Up