Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Negative Test to Return?
Unregistered 06:55 AM 02-10-2021
Do you require a child who has been in quarantine for two weeks to have a negative COVID test before returning to care? The child’s parent was positive.
Cat Herder 07:09 AM 02-10-2021

That is what ours is whittled down to, now. No need for test.
Unregistered 07:12 AM 02-10-2021
My issue is the positive parent never isolated or stayed away from the child. Child has been in contact with sick parent the whole quarantine period.
Cat Herder 07:14 AM 02-10-2021
Even if the child was positive, it is still 10 days. Is the child showing symptoms? There is no requirement for parent to stay away from child as long as child is excluded for the 10 day period from the onset of the parents symptoms.
CountryRoads 07:18 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you require a child who has been in quarantine for two weeks to have a negative COVID test before returning to care? The child’s parent was positive.
I'm assuming it varies, but pubic health told me that a child would need a letter from them to return to care. The parent didn't end up testing negative, so they never had to quarantine, but that's what I was told.
Unregistered 07:22 AM 02-10-2021
In my state the positive parent is supposed to isolate from others. While the close contacts are in quarantine.
Blackcat31 08:39 AM 02-10-2021
If the parent never isolated from the child then I would exclude the child for 10 days AFTER the parent's "isolation" period ended.

For example.... Parent tests positive on Feb 1. Their quarantine period ends Feb 10. Child will be excluded until Feb 20.

That is THE bare minimum I would accept.
Personally, I would probably opt for 14 days as too many people aren't taking this seriously enough. It's fine for families that stay home but when they are in close contact with others I think they have an obligation to think of EVERYONE verses just themselves.

My exclusion timeline would be:

Parent test positive Feb 1.
They're quarantine period ends Feb 14.
Child's begins on Feb 15 and ends on Feb 28.
Unregistered 05:30 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
In my state the positive parent is supposed to isolate from others. While the close contacts are in quarantine.
Sounds good in theory but sometimes impossible. Single mom of two adopted kids. There is nobody else in my state that could watch them if I got it. My family lives a 1000 miles away, I don't have any friends, Its just us.
Tags:covid-19 - quarantine
Reply Up